Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Is it me or that Build 10074 is starting to look really good? :)
    Seems quite usable compare to the previous build I had.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    I just upgraded this morning and yes, it's looking really nice ;)
    Haven't been using it heavily though, but i know MP1 works on it (even though the new kernel 10 should fail according to our code....)

Stéphane Lenclud

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    upload_2015-5-10_14-25-58.png

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I definitely need more time and resources :cry:

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    like an extra computer I can install W10 and VS2015 on. I know that I could use a VM, but since VMWare blocked my i7 with 6GByte of RAM for more than 2 hours while shutting down an VM I don't trust them not that much anymore. At least an extra computer would save time.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi.
    I have an extra Computer but there Win10 did not install at all. Maybe the AMD Duron 140 is too old.. This really is a pity as I wanted to test Win10 on my Raspberry Pi2 but I'm not able to write the Image to SD card as Microsoft decide to use an image format only supported by Win10.
    Installing a "Preview" on my main HTPC (the only remaining Windows PC aside of the old Duron System from Bedroom) is an absolutely NoGo as I need it every minute of every day (even if I'm not at home it's needed).
    With Raspbian I've running Kodi, Libre Office, Gimp and IceWeazel (the Debian version of Firefox is named IceWeazel for whatever reason...) really well on my Pi2 so I was hoping Win10 also will do. But I can not try as I can not write the image to SD...:(

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I have an additional computer for a while (making it running again), which I used to install Windows10 Insider Preview. Yesterday I also added VS2015 RC and I hope to be able to compile the Windows10 example projects today. I want to find out the known issue with Direct2D1 custom effects registration, which fails on Windows 10 when using SharpDX.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    I know that I could use a VM, but since VMWare blocked my i7 with 6GByte of RAM for more than 2 hours while shutting down an VM I don't trust them not that much anymore.
    Hmm... Never had that problem. i'm also running with an i7 CPU and VMWare Workstation 11 has the Windows 10 install running as smooth as my main OS (got the VM on a seperate SSD though with 6GB RAM assigned to it...)

Users who are viewing this thread