[solved] windows 10: rc6 with mce remote control buttons not working (1 Viewer)

hansmuff25

Portal Member
February 23, 2009
Hi,

i have a Problem with mediaportal 1.12 running with Windows 10 and an RC6 IR with MCE remote device

It's a simple MCE remote Control from eBay which worked perfectly in my last htpc

My new htpc hs a built-in RC6 remote Control.

Now only a few Standard Buttons like up and down are working.

Back, stop and pause for example are not working.

I simply enabled use Microsoft MCE and also tried with use generic hid device (same results)

logs are attached.

I see only Standard hid devices in device managr --> human Interface devices

Does someone please have a tipp for me?

Is is just mapping? A Windows 10 Driver Problem? or remote device not compatible with RC6?

Thanks in advance.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I simply enabled use Microsoft MCE and also tried with use generic hid device (same results)
    When you tried HID, did you untick MCE in the MCE tab? If not, please give it another try by deactivating MCE in the respective tab and using HID only.

hansmuff25

Portal Member
    February 23, 2009
    I already tried only HID and deactivated MCE, same results.

only a few Standard Buttons like up and down are working.

Back, stop and pause for example are not working.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hhm, can you check the device manager that the RC6 receiver is actually correctly recognized as an eHome receiver? There need to be five Microsoft eHome entries:
    • 1 for Input devices
    • 3 for Keyboard devices (or whatever this is called in English)
    • 1 for USB controllers

If you don't have such entries, then your RC6 receiver may not be fully compatible and we would need to investigate further. Speaking of it, it would be helpful if you could fill in your system specifications in your profile. This way readers can check out the technical details and possibly provide more insight.

hansmuff25

Portal Member
    February 23, 2009
    I have no ehome entry in device manager, i only see a few "hid conform" devices.

i will update system specs immediately wehen i have access to the system.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It's a simple MCE remote Control from eBay which worked perfectly in my last htpc
    What IR receiver did you use with your previous HTPC? If it is a USB receiver, have you tried using it with your new HTPC? Your remote control and old IR receiver are presumably compatible with each other, and so should work on Win 10.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

hansmuff25

Portal Member
    February 23, 2009
    i will try with the "old" usb receiver in the new Win 10 system. If that works okay but I would like to use the integrated receiver. I would love to to recycle that terrible loolink usb receiver

Maybe it's Win 10 driver related?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe it's Win 10 driver related?
    No, that's not the case. The issue is that the in-built receiver is not 100% Microsoft compatible and requires its own software, which again would (most likely) not be compatible with MediaPortal. An example are the Streacom cases with inbuilt receivers, which will only partially work with MediaPortal. I had bought one of these, managed to redefine some buttons but in the end gave up because many keystrokes were hard-coded and could not be changed.

hansmuff25

Portal Member
    February 23, 2009
    okay, with the old ehome receiver all keys works but now i have a very strange problem:

if i press left, right, up or down key once mediaportal receivec if i pressed two times?

it's impossible to go only one menu left, right up or down?

I don't know what i should check for troubleshooting. i don't see any delay settings ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom