[solved] windows 10: rc6 with mce remote control buttons not working (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Verify that only HID is active. Deactivate both MCEr and Media Keys options.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Then please activate the logging, press the direction keys a few times and upload the log. This should tell if the remote is sending the key twice or if the subsequent nprocxessing is incorrect.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Until you post the log that was generated, it is impossible to judge what is happening.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In your first post you said:
    Now only a few Standard Buttons like up and down are working.

In a later post (using your USB IR receiver) you said:
    if i press left, right, up or down key once mediaportal receivec if i pressed two times?

It seems likely that the IR receiver built-in to the case is still working, so one press of UP or DOWN on the remote control is received by both IR receivers, and MP responds to both.

Can you identify the built-in IR receiver in "Device Manager"? If so, you can disable it in "Device Manager" so that it no longer affects MP. If you cannot identify it, you will have to disconnect the built-in receiver hardware, so that it no longer communicates with the motherboard.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

hansmuff25

Portal Member
    February 23, 2009
    i identified the built-in receiver and when i uninstall it remote control works fine with my "old" MCE ehome USB receiver.

However i cannot disable the built-in receiver because it's shown under keyboard in device manager with the following entries:

- ehome MCIR 109 keyboard
    - ehome MCIR keyboard
    - ehome Fernsteuerungstasten

As far as i know it's impossible to disable a keyboard in device manager? If i uninstall them it works till the next reboot, then the devices gets installed again via plug & play and my problem is back :-(

someone knows any solution except un-plug the built-in receiver from the mainboard?

And next question:

it's shown as a "ehome" device (keyboard), is that built-in receiver unable to work with mediaportal?

thanks!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In one of my initial answers to you I had indicated that you should see five ehome entries. You replied that you did not have any, which led to the conclusion that your in-built receiver is incompatible.

Now you say that you see three ehome entries. Are you sure that there aren't any more? Because now I would believe that it is actually compatible and the issue is somewhere else. So back too square one...

hansmuff25

Portal Member
    February 23, 2009
    yes sorry, i didn't think i would find them in the keyboard section. That's why i don't see them before

i looked everywhere but there are only the 3 ehome devices (with built-in receiver):

- ehome MCIR 109 keyboard
    - ehome MCIR keyboard
    - ehome Fernsteuerungstasten

i can post a screenhot if that helps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom