Windows 10 Theme for BlueVision skin (2 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In the video section can be posters with different aspects, so far they were deformed to fit into a defined space.
    I found a workaround to keep the original aspect ratio with defined width (to have constant gaps between the poster) and at the same time a focus frame, that frames only the poster :)
    I'll implement same to the "coverflow view" of episodes.

Unbenannt.jpg

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey ge2301, I'd like to make a suggestion. When scrolling in small list view I see 12 list entries. Personally I do not like when scroll occurs on first and last menu item as you have no visibility on what is upcoming. Would it be possible to cause scroll to occur on the 4th from top and 4th from bottom of the visible list so you can see entries 'coming up'. Only once you reach the ends of the list are you able to focus onto these first or last 4 list entries :)

On a separate note, I still have focus issues with remote control which drive me crazy. Is it worth raising these specific issues or are they not a skinning problem?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey ge2301, I'd like to make a suggestion. When scrolling in small list view I see 12 list entries. Personally I do not like when scroll occurs on first and last menu item as you have no visibility on what is upcoming. Would it be possible to cause scroll to occur on the 4th from top and 4th from bottom of the visible list so you can see entries 'coming up'. Only once you reach the ends of the list are you able to focus onto these first or last 4 list entries :)

On a separate note, I still have focus issues with remote control which drive me crazy. Is it worth raising these specific issues or are they not a skinning problem?

Exactly this is how I want to do it. It's planned already together with a lot of other visual highlights compared to current situation. As all topics touch the same code, we decided to first finalize he current constructions and then touch this point. It's just a matter of time.

The focus is unfortunately not a skinning problem, I can't do anything about that. I wish I could do. There were already several changes with regard to this, but the solution seems not perfect yet.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard
    I've overworked the Win10 theme by adding smooth scrolling. removing the scroll bars and adding slide menus.
    Last is working, but I need to press the corresponding "arrow" two times to make the slide menu slide back.
    You fixed this for TE and WMC, so I applied the same, but still the problem remains :cry:

Here the related code I added. I can not find a mistake. Would be great, if you can try once and take a look.

EDIT: I fixed it :rolleyes: I just forgot, that there is a side and a top slide menu depending on being in cover flow or grid/list view. I added the new listview style only to the side slide menu, but tested the other menu :giggle:

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here the current state. All views have fade-out effect and smooth scrolling (means the poster are moving when scrolling).
    Unbenannt.jpg

Unbenannt2.jpg

The arrow symbolizes from where the slide-menu appears. Pressing the arrow button in this direction will make it appear as you know from TE theme.
    Unbenannt3.jpg

More beautiful would be, if the grey slide menu is behind the black footer fade, but I've no idea yet how to realize this yet. The menu button might disappear, because not necessary any more. The slide menus also work well on mouse usage.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For the Grid- and Listview the slide-menu is adjusted to fit to the style. For Coverview I'll figure out the best visual appearance later.
    Unbenannt.jpg

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The media view overwork in Win10 theme is completed.
    • In the headline the total number of items and the currently focused item is shown now
    • All ugly scrollbars are removed, as the ItemIndex tells the position
    • Fade gradient effects added
    • Smooth scrolling added
    • Slide-menus added (sliding from right in grid and list view, sliding up in cover view)
    • Changed positions of power and menu button (enables mouse usage for menu button, because the slide menu is in focus, when pressing the button. If the menu button would be on the left side the slide-menu would imediately close after pressing the button and moving the mouse)
    Unbenannt.jpg

Unbenannt2.jpg

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow, looks really cool. You want to make it difficult to decide between Win10 and WMC skin, right? ;):coffee:
    Will the changes be integrated into next weekly?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You want to make it difficult to decide between Win10 and WMC skin, right?
    Well, designs are very different. I'm sure that people can decide ;)
    Will the changes be integrated into next weekly?
    I fear that will happen only with next main release (this year). The reason is simply, that the changes are in a branch with MIA-rework and it's not compatible to current weekly builds.
    I won't do the effort to merge everything into weekly branches, which will be outdated anyway soon :) You'll have have all skins overworked with MIA-rework with next main release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom