Windows 10 Theme for BlueVision skin (2 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard
    While overworking the skins, I became again aware of the conflict between the "kenburn" effect and smooth transition effect of the background image.
    The first background image shown is still moving by "kenburns" effect and afterwards all background images are static. Perhaps there is a way to allow a coexistance of both effects :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey ge2301, I'd like to make a suggestion. When scrolling in small list view I see 12 list entries. Personally I do not like when scroll occurs on first and last menu item as you have no visibility on what is upcoming. Would it be possible to cause scroll to occur on the 4th from top and 4th from bottom of the visible list so you can see entries 'coming up'. Only once you reach the ends of the list are you able to focus onto these first or last 4 list entries :)
    This is implemented for all views now. There is a scroll margin offset that allows a preview of the coming items

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi there, loving this skin (though very eagerly awaiting the wmc one!)

Is there an easy way to amend one of the code files to make the tv guide show the episode information as well as the title? Only the default skin (not bluevision) seems to show episode information and that skin is beyond vile!

Thanks

Ant

(Mp2 latest weekly snapshot)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there, loving this skin (though very eagerly awaiting the wmc one!)

Is there an easy way to amend one of the code files to make the tv guide show the episode information as well as the title? Only the default skin (not bluevision) seems to show episode information and that skin is beyond vile!

Thanks

Ant

(Mp2 latest weekly snapshot)
    Thanks for your feedback. I just checked the code base and there was a small code change I might have forgotten to adopt. Can you try to exchange Content="{Binding [Series]}" with Content="{Path=CurrentProgram.Series}" in /Plugins/SlimTvClient/Skin/BlueVision/themes/Win10/screens/ProgramInfoSlim.inc & ProgramInfo.inc
    Btw. the theme is receiving a total overhaul with the integration of MIA rework :) Besides a lot of visual effects there will be animated slide menus for better navigation with remote. Mouse navigation with menu button will remain in parallel.

Last edited:

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Hi thank you for the very quick reply.

I've tried amending that file but it doesn't change the view of how programmes appear on the TV guide screen. It just shows the programme name and not the episode number or name etc.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I've tried amending that file but it doesn't change the view of how programmes appear on the TV guide screen. It just shows the programme name and not the episode number or name etc.
    Ah ok, now I got your point. You don't want to appear it in the footer, but directly in the EPG.

Please go to following position in your slimtvstyles.xaml and add the marked line. After that add this line and next line (I'm with cell phone and can not apply multi selection). Additionally change the "10" in margins to "5". This should work.

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country

Ah ok, now I got your point. You don't want to appear it in the footer, but directly in the EPG.

Please go to following position in your slimtvstyles.xaml and add the marked line. After that add this line and next line (I'm with cell phone and can not apply multi selection). Additionally change the "10" in margins to "5". This should work.

Hey thanks for the extra information, it's really appreciated.

I had a look in the file, but I cant seem to find the exact locaiton to place the code. I'm very new to MP2 (I had worked out how to change some skin code in MP1 to make some changes, but MP2 seems completely different!)

I think i'll have to leave this without episode details in the EPG for now and hope that the next version contains this? Unless it's possible to download a version of the slimtvstyles.xaml with the right code included?

Thanks again, you've been very helpful! :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had a look in the file, but I cant seem to find the exact locaiton to place the code. I'm very new to MP2 (I had worked out how to change some skin code in MP1 to make some changes, but MP2 seems completely different!)

I think i'll have to leave this without episode details in the EPG for now and hope that the next version contains this? Unless it's possible to download a version of the slimtvstyles.xaml with the right code included?
    It will be included in next version. I can apply the changes later and can upload a modified slimtvstyles.xaml later. But most probably it'll be not today, because I'm still at work.

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country

It will be included in next version. I can apply the changes later and can upload a modified slimtvstyles.xaml later. But most probably it'll be not today, because I'm still at work.

It would be amazing if you could upload the file!

I am very grateful for your help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom