Windows 7 Freezes on video stop or start [FIXED] (1 Viewer)

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

oakim

Portal Member
    January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I haven't got a ATI graphic card but am using

Intel i5 built in HD graphic not using DXVA
    Windows7 64 bit ultimate
    Mediaportal 1.1.2 and 1.1.3

I have the exact same problem on my system. Sometime when I want to see a series or a movie MP freezes but for me I can do a ctr-alt-del and kill MP and restart it to restart the movie and it works. Both MKV and AVI can result in a freeze

I use hali media splitter and FFDshow only. I can start the debug and post the file here if it will help.
    And also I can post more info on my system when i are at home.

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    No problem for me with HD4670 with catalyst 11.2 on win 7 32bits. Codec used: ffshow, PDVD 9 and 10. I never encounter this issue.

oakim

Portal Member
    January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    By default if you install windows 7 64bit the OS uses the mediaplayer 32bit program and before i changed that the ability to play movies wasnt there. After some reading on the internet, some suggested to change to mediaplayer 64bit and it solved it for me but i now having these freezes sometimes when starting to play a movie.

Perhaps if you use windows 7 32bit the troubles are solved? Is there anyone else that have W7 32bit and not having the problem?

:D

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    By default if you install windows 7 64bit the OS uses the mediaplayer 32bit program and before i changed that the ability to play movies wasnt there. After some reading on the internet, some suggested to change to mediaplayer 64bit and it solved it for me but i now having these freezes sometimes when starting to play a movie.

Perhaps if you use windows 7 32bit the troubles are solved? Is there anyone else that have W7 32bit and not having the problem?

:D
    For videopalyback, MediaPortal uses Windows DirectShow, not Windows MediaPlayer (which also just used DirectShow).
    So it does not matter at all what you set regarding WindowsMediaPlayer.

The reason why MP requires that latest Windows MediaPlayer is installed, is just that mediaplayback bugfixes are bundled with new versions.

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I haven't got a ATI graphic card but am using

Intel i5 built in HD graphic not using DXVA
    Windows7 64 bit ultimate
    Mediaportal 1.1.2 and 1.1.3

I have the exact same problem on my system. Sometime when I want to see a series or a movie MP freezes but for me I can do a ctr-alt-del and kill MP and restart it to restart the movie and it works. Both MKV and AVI can result in a freeze

I use hali media splitter and FFDshow only. I can start the debug and post the file here if it will help.
    And also I can post more info on my system when i are at home.

Sounds quite different - would be a good idea to start a new thread with some logs.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I been having major issues with watching TV, Online videos is fine. will check to see if this is my problem.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Installed 11.3 and I see an improvement. No crashes yet (short testing time ofcourse). Image seems more stable as well. Less drops of frames.

Any other experiences?

[edit]
    I just got a BSOD... Back to 11.1 for me again :( They gotto figure this one out some time,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom