Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (1 Viewer)

Boony

Portal Member
October 29, 2009
Townsville
Home Country
Has anyone tried the new ATI Catalyst 10.1 drivers that came out on the 27th of Jan? I just read the release notes and there's a section called "Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System" and one of the points is:

"Loss of HDMI signal may no longer occurs when viewing Blu-ray content, and rescanning for the HDMI signal no longer cause the entire screen to shift and display a green border"

I will update the drivers when I get home and post the results.

csapollo

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Home Country
Has anyone tried the new ATI Catalyst 10.1 drivers that came out on the 27th of Jan?

Nice find! I installed the 10.1 Cats last night, and haven't noticed the issue since (but I didn't read the release notes, and was not specifically trying to replicate the half screen issue).

I'll do some testing when I get home tonight and report back.

Cabbery

Portal Member
October 26, 2009
Home Country
Has anyone tried the new ATI Catalyst 10.1 drivers that came out on the 27th of Jan? I just read the release notes and there's a section called "Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System" and one of the points is:

"Loss of HDMI signal may no longer occurs when viewing Blu-ray content, and rescanning for the HDMI signal no longer cause the entire screen to shift and display a green border"

Please do, will be interested to see if it fixes the problem we seem to have

AlexP0wr

Portal Member
February 25, 2009

I already tried this (see post before yours). No change however. The described solved issue is also totally different to what the our problem is. :(

nikos1671

Portal Pro
April 21, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Greece Greece
until problem solves from drivers side, i just have an idea that the mp devs can make for us.A small script can run when pc wake up from sleep this script must give the order to mp from full screen to go in window mode and then again to full screen. is this possible with a script???

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    until problem solves from drivers side, i just have an idea that the mp devs can make for us.A small script can run when pc wake up from sleep this script must give the order to mp from full screen to go in window mode and then again to full screen. is this possible with a script???

you could always try that "restart mp on resume" option.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    yes but this option take more time (load the mp) than the option of full screen to windows and back again.

Sure, but it takes much less time than write a script to workaround broken drivers. I'm not interested in such.

nikos1671

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    ok i respect your thoughts i was wondering if that was easy to happen but like you say if its need so much time then we dont have other options.
    Thanks Tourettes for your answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom