Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (2 Viewers)

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    OMG!..........Fix Postponed for 1.3.1 now according to Roadmap!

But I'll keep positive...........The "bug" have now a 2 year birthday........congratulations:whistle:

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    OK, I have not read all 26 pages of this thread, but I did spend some SERIOUS time on this today and found a solution that worked for me. It is a regedit!!!!

in the reg, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration

Under there, I had three subtrees. this is where the control of what to do in certain instances are set. I found that I needed to change ALL entries under all subtrees to match what I wanted my hard coded resoultion to be set to.

under all the subtrees you will keep digging to find the following...
    PrimSurfSize.cx
    PrimSurfSize.cy
    ActiveSize.cx
    ActiveSize.cy

I set the .cx to 1920 and the .cy to 1080. Problem solved for me for now. The PrinSurfSize entries are under a "00" subtree, and the ActiveSize is under a "00" subtree UNDER the 00 subtree.

so you need to look in..
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration\xxx\00\00
    ("xxx" gets replaced by what ever entries are under the Configuration tree)

I hope this helps and is not a repost of info someone else put up. like I said, I didn't read the entire 26 pages, but did read a lot of it and did not see this yet.

It has worked for me. going to go to my in-laws house and set his settings tomorrow. keeping my fingers crossed.

OK, this was a good point to start, thank you!
    Changing the resolution values at the registry keys you mentioned does have an effect. However, the best I can get MP to change to is to 1600(?)x1080.
    I deleted all configuration subtrees under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration and had windows recreate them. I can now tell that windows uses a configuration called SAMXXX whenever my Samsung TV is turned on, a configuration named YAMxxx when TV is turned off but my YAMAHA Receiver is still on and now it gets interesting:
    When both AV-Receiver and TV are turned OFF, Windows uses a configuration called SIMULATED_xxx. Whatever value I enter for horizontal and vertical dimension of this configuration, MP resizes to a "part-fullscreen" with no more than 1600px width.
    I wonder if this is a limitation of the SIMULATED Screen configuration.
    Did anyone find out, where those SIMULATED configurations come from?

BTW:
    While I switched off an on the av-receiver and tv, I was monitoring MP with Teamviewer. Actually I could never see the resolution change from 1920x1080 to something lower in teamviewer. I would have expected to.
    Happy hunting!

DiePlage
    I can confirm the (approx.) 1600 instead of 1920. Bugger!

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For me 1920x1080 was working on @30hz or @25hz for the native VGA. This workaround solved the halfscreenbug for me.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Looks like the problem is related to the "simulated_8086_xxx_zzz" in registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration\[xxx]). No matter what these are set to, it seems that there is a limitation (sett to approx 1600).

I'm guessing that "simulated_8086" is a dummy driver when there is no real display (which might explain the remote desktop workaround") and that while Windows is using the activated display (ie AVR/TV), MP continues to display on "simulated".

^ My rambling 5c, anyway....

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    OMG!..........Fix Postponed for 1.3.1 now according to Roadmap!
    For now, yes.

The developer who is working on the fix broke his wrist recently. And I can't reach him since ~2 weeks. :(
    Since we can't delay the release of 1.3.0 beta indefinitely, we had to postpone that fix.
    This is an issue that exists in all MP versions.
    Just a quick correction: NOT in MP2 :D

Actually MP2 seems to have same issue :( Just tested it with my dev PC where I can trigger the issue on every time.
    Really?
    When I tested it *back at the day*, then it did not occur a single time. Tested at least 10 times. Did they break it recently?
    @morpheus_xx

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There were no changes in SkinEngine for last months, so I have doubts about new issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom