Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (1 Viewer)

alpinestars

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If I switch off the TV and/or AV receiver while playing some media or watching TV (1080i) and switch on the equipment again, I have no issues! If nothing plays it will it in a half screen after switching off/on the other equipment.

EDIT: It works now! I changed the resolution of the standard monitor to 1920x1080, 30 Hz

Here is what I did:
    - Switch off AVR and TV
    - Use TightVNC to connect to the HTPC
    - Open settings dialogue of monitor and disable the option "Hide unsupported resolution"
    - Reboot
    - Use TightVNC to connect to the HTPC
    - Open AMD CCC to set the resolution of desktop to 1920x1080 and 30 Hz

Last edited:

krikkit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2008
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Windows 8 seems to have fixed this issue for me... No more resoltuion changes / half screen stuff. Yeeehaw!!!!

I moved to Windows 8 (Pro, 64-bit) and unfortunately the problem is still there. My HTPC is connected via HDMI to the AV receiver Pioneer VSX-827 and then via HDMI to the Sony TV. Shit, I really hoped that Windows 8 is the key.

i had the same problem on win8 pro x64, but was able to fix it the same way like on win7, start vncserver, connect via vnc... turn of tv while running HTPC... you will see that the resolution changes... change it back and it is fixed...

Praz

Portal Member
    October 18, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't have any issues under Windows 8 but I gave up a long the ago (under XP) and bought a HDMI detective :eek: not had a single issue since I put this in...
    Same here. Haven't had an issue for a year now. My time is more valuable than the cost of HDMI Detective. My only regret is that I didn't purchase it sooner.

Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    mmm will this not work with team viewer? i get the half screen issue with mepo and when i connect with team viewer the desktop is the correct resolution but mepo is half screen and when i goto monitor properties the check box for hide modes thats not supported is greyed out?

tried this with ultravnc as well and while mepo changes its size my actual desktop does not alter from 1920x1080p ?

Last edited:

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am so sick of this issue I have set my computer to go into hybination automatically or by me pushing hybernate on my remote button and to automatically restart MP on resume from hybernation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom