Windows 7 Support (1 Viewer)

csapollo

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Home Country
I'm running Win7 RTM on my desktop PC. I tried using MediaPortal (Client, 1.1A), and it was working well using all of my regular plugins (MovingPictures, MyTVseries), though when I was connecting to my HTPC TV Server it was fairly buggy (especially with the EPG). My HTPC TV Server is running Singleseat 1.02 on XP.

I've rolled back to MediaPortal Client 1.02 on my desktop PC and it's running better as a client though I miss the fixes that are integrated into 1.1A (for example, despite using SAF3.47 and disabling subtitles upon install, I still get this error message Pop-up error message generated for certain MKV files with UTF-8 subtitles, though I did not have this issue in 1.1A thanks to the integrated MPC-HC subtitle engine (even though, I don't use subtitles!).

My reported experiences are with UAC turned off - while I understand the devs would prefer UAC on for testing I do not plan to have it on once I roll Win7+MP out onto my HTPC (of course, once MP is ready for a Win7 production system).

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I'm running Win7 RTM on my desktop PC. I tried using MediaPortal (Client, 1.1A), and it was working well using all of my regular plugins (MovingPictures, MyTVseries), though when I was connecting to my HTPC TV Server it was fairly buggy (especially with the EPG). My HTPC TV Server is running Singleseat 1.02 on XP.

You shouldn't run a different version on the client and the server. If your client is 1.1A and server is 1.0.2, there will be problems because such setup is not supported.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Has anyone experienced any major issues running MP1.02 on Win7 in a Singleseat environment? ie. a TV Server etc.

The MCE remote doesn't work, and the directshow graphs are being left open after media finishes. I wouldn't recommend it personally.

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi callsignapol,

Has anyone experienced any major issues running MP1.02 on Win7 in a Single seat environment? ie. a TV Server etc.

I am actually going to do this this weekend. I have just installed win 7RTM build 7600 an added a couple of programs but that is as far as i have been able to get.
    I am just in the process of getting daemon tools and ANYdvdHD on there and I am then hopefully ok to install the latest version of MP in single seat config.
    I hope to be able to get some feedback onto the forum for others that may have issues etc??

I know that you can run things in compatibility modes for various things but these seem to be merely a workaround in my eyes and not a true fix (could be wrong).
    Anyway I will have a go and see how i get on. Win 7 feels very snappy so far though ;)#

Regards

Kev

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Please, once more, install ONLY 1.1.0Alpha on Windows7.
    We are aware of issues in 1.0.2 and they are all fixed in alpha ( + latest SVN).

Simone

csapollo

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Home Country
    Please, once more, install ONLY 1.1.0Alpha on Windows7.
    We are aware of issues in 1.0.2 and they are all fixed in alpha ( + latest SVN).

Simone

Hi Simone. I am aware of this, I was asking out of curiosity as I had not been experiencing any major issues with 1.0.2 on Win7 though I was not able to test this on a machine with TV cards. My question was purely out of curiosity, I'm aware 1.0.2 is not supported on Win7.

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for the head up. I was aware of this and i will use the latest 1.1.0 Alpha + latest SVN.
    I notice also that some people are having issues with the hauppuage cards not scanning etc. I have a novaT-500 and the NovaS2 installed with a dish and 4LNB's so i will be sure to check that out and give any help/feedback i can :)

Regards

Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom