moppe

Portal Member
December 23, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Quick fix to start MP on win7 whit "TGB"

Hi,

I made a tiny tiny app to replace ”ehshell.exe in windows\ehome dir, so The Green Button should start MP instead of MCE in win7. So you don’t have to uninstall MS MCE app. This worked for me in Win7 and MP 1.1.0 alfa
This is a compiled bat file (using Fatih Kodak:s Bat-To-Exe converter), the original bat file look like this:

@echo off
START /D”C:\Program file\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\” MediaPortal.exe /B
Exit
:eof

How to:
1. Start with take ownership of the directory Ehome directory in the Windows directory, I did this by using this guide
How To: Replace/Delete Protected DLL Files In Windows 7 & Vista
2. replace ehshell.exe with attached file (or compile a own one if the path is mismatching), save the original file.
3. reboot.

MP starts when I press The Green Button, and all MCE remote functions works perfect for me. Hope this is helping someone, God luck!

Attachments

• my-ehshell.zip
    30.6 KB

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
I have an issue with Mediaportal 1.0.2 on Windows 7 build 7100 X86.

I can't seem to start the TV Service. When I try to do so from services.msc, it gives me the error message "Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly."

I also get this message shortly after trying to start it.

kahj5w.png

Seems like its something to do with MySQL. Anyone else having this problem or a solution?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have an issue with Mediaportal 1.0.2 on Windows 7 build 7100 X86.
    As we said a zillion times, all MP versions pre 1.1.0 Alpha are _not_ Windows 7 compatible. ;)

So uninstall Mp + SQL server and delete all created directories, then reboot and install 1.1.0 Alpha.
    You can then also apply the recent public svn build for testing.

jedney

Portal Member
    October 30, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

On the 6th August Microsoft are releasing the final version of Windows 7 and whilst I realise that MediaPortal wont be fully compatible until MP v1.1 RTM's I know from this thread and other places that there are options to running MP under W7. Could anyone give me some advice on what (in their opinion) would be the best approach from a stability and performance perspective:

MP 1.02 with UAC off (and then reinstating UAC and installing 1.1RC1 in a few weeks)
    MP 1.1(A)
    MP 1.1(A) + SVN

I realise that SVN's are constantly changing and stability depends on the latest set of changes, I also realise that there is a 1.1RC1 due at the end of August, so the playing-field is constantly chaging, but any advice people could offer would be most appreciated.

I guess I'm asking what is the lesser of the evils; the incompatibility problems in 1.02 or the bugs in the 1.1 alpha?

Thanks,
    Jon.

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    For me, 1.02 did not work even with UAC off. The TV Server had issues meaning Mediaportal would not even start.

1.1 Alpha appears to be running perfectly on W7 x86 at the moment.

ScottT

Portal Member
    June 14, 2009
    Home Country
    jedney -> I had 1.0.2 and 1.1 Alpha working ok on Win7 (7100). Could not install the SVN as the installer told gave me some error about my OS not being supported.

S.

EDIT: Just installed latest SVN no probs.

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    1.02 or 1.1 alpha
    both runs perfect on my win 7 box'es..

Dos not matter what you do, thy all runs good. i dont even know why thy dont have it comp whit MP already, i see no problems at all.. so dont worry, do the install you like, and it will for sure work :)

its testet in win 7 B7000 and B7256 i think it was, and later today ill update to B7600

fieryblast

June 4, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For me I use 1.1.0 Alpha with Phenom x3 and ATI4770+ATI3200(780G). I use catalys 9.7 with the following features disabled: auto color correction, denoise filter. It is a triple monitor setup with the mediaportal monitor at 1080p in secondary display. For both vista and windows 7 the setup is preaty much the same expect the codec pack. I am running in 64 bit mode atm and dont see why this wouldnt work in 32 bit mode as mediaportal is 32 bits to begin with.

For codecs i use Reclock to get stuter free playback, Windows 7 Codec Pack (both 32 bit and 64bit), Powerdvd 9 Ultra for Blu-ray(manually extraced the pdvd9 h264 codec from trial version).

I use Powerdvd 9 H264 Codec for DVB-T (h264) TV, MPC H264 codec for all h264 videos, Microsoft Video Codec(the one that comes with windows 7) for DVD and MPEG2 videos. In vista I uses powerdvd mpeg2 instead.

I also set up profiles in Catalyst Control Center for various refresh rates and made a batchfile that is run from Mediaportal dynamic refresh rate changer. Also I have UAC turned off while installing then re-enabled it. However the TV server config needs to be run as an admin to work for some reason if I have UAC turned on. Also some plugins need admin rights for Mediaportal as well (eg. replacement mce remote driver if anyone uses that).

Hint: For live tv it might be best to diasbale reclock as it can introduce some insane delays for some reason, well in my case anyway.

With this i get perfect stutter free playback in Windows 7 RTM (same in RC version and vista)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom