Windows 7 tvfix/dvbfix for MediaPortal, now for x86 and x64 Builds !!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

badwire

July 25, 2008
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hi Guys

Seems that the downlaod from the file is broken! Is the file somewhere else available?

Thanks a lot.

:D

Win7

March 5, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hmm looks like the SQL Server of SpeedShare has some problems. I will upload it tomorrow or better said today later to some other lokations so we have a mirror!

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    It seems that this doesn't fix "recording from multiple channels at the same time", if they are on the same transponder.

Am I wright?

EDIT: It seems that FTA channels work OK, encrypted channels, only 1 channel is possible even if CAM supports decoding of multiple channels.

Perhaps its time to start looking at support for windows 7, because the release candidate is available and by the looks of it a lot of people are going to switch. And the bugs are just small annoying things, nothing serious. I'm just thinking out loud here.
    I'm not pushing anyone, still use XP SP3, but was just testing Win 7 x64, because eventually we will al go over 4GB RAM....

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Erm.... so instead of compiling current MediaPortal svn which contains the fix for win7 and Vista+TV-Pack you decided to hack Windows7 itselfe?

Sorry, but this is a "bad" idea.
    Guys, just wait for 1.1.0 Alpha release which will happen this week and do not break your systems with such a hack.

Download links removed since redistributing MS DLL's is not allowed.

Win7

March 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @infinityloop

Well first this fix was needed because you guys just didn´t wanted to support windows seven. So i made a fix for those who want to use windows 7 with mediaportal. If you had had a closer look to what i have done there you would have even seen that all actions that are done to the system are revertible, because i included a backup and restore funktion for the original system files!

If the redistribution of ms files isn´t allowed i would suggest you even remove the download links for dvbfix that you supply for xp users because that is ecxactly the same :mad:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Well first this fix was needed because you guys just didn´t wanted to support windows seven.
    Noone ever say that we do not want to support Windows 7.
    We always said that we wil start to support it with the "next" Mp version and this is 1.1.0.

If the redistribution of ms files isn´t allowed i would suggest you even remove the download links for dvbfix that you supply for xp users because that is ecxactly the same :mad:
    I was asked to remove your files because you revert Windows 7 files, just to work around a problem in TV-Server.
    As i said, just compiling current TV-Server svn would have given you the fix for the right place without "hacking" w7.

But this topic will become meaininless anyway by the end of this week when 1.1.0 ALPHA will be release.
    Those of you who applied the binaries which were available here should try to get the "original" ones back in place if you intend to use 1.1.0 ALPHA.

Win7

March 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So now everything should be fine because now im not distributing any ms files. Well it´s nice that you´re going to support windows seven with the MP 1.1.0 Alpha Release. But i waited half a year for that support and so i had to find a solution for myself. Even i know that that isn´t a nice fix but it´s stable and runs now for four or five months without any problems. Well we will see how MP 1.1.0 will run but as it is an alpha release i don´t expect extreme stability. And therefore i want to have the option to run the stable MP release. I think other think so, too.

Well there is only one question: who asked to remove the download links?

chinga69

Portal Pro
    October 27, 2007
    penrith
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    great job win7 much appreciated Ive been running your fix with no issues

cheers brad

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So now everything should be fine because now im not distributing any ms files. Well it´s nice that you´re going to support windows seven with the MP 1.1.0 Alpha Release. But i waited half a year for that support and so i had to find a solution for myself. Even i know that that isn´t a nice fix but it´s stable and runs now for four or five months without any problems. Well we will see how MP 1.1.0 will run but as it is an alpha release i don´t expect extreme stability
    If you run Windows 7 since 6 months then i think that you got used to a "not so stable" system. ;)

Even thought its called 1.1.0 ALPHA, i do not have any issues on my productive system on which have i various builds running since ~14 days.

But just try and we will see.
    Watch the news on the homepage during the 2nd half of this week for further info. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom