Operating System Windows 8 (1 Viewer)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Actually I think the best sollution would be to create a Metro app that uses MP-Extended. After all ARM computers will most likely be tablets you use "on the move".

Yes, that is what I intended. I checked my Beta Installation of VS 2011, but it does not allow me to add a Web Reference at the moment (strange)

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Pcgeek21

May 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    OK. My skills to get this working is not good enough. I have tried SQLexpress and get different error.

I simply cannot get the TVservice to start ... Anyone with more luck ?

I noticed the following line appearing in the error log whenever I attempted to start TVservice:
    * ERROR, OS can't be used for MediaPortal *

I Googled for it and found that exact line in the source for MediaPortal. What has happened is Windows 8 is version 6.2, which falls through their OS check and deems it an OS prior to XP, hence the error message. I modified the code to support Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, and recompiled with VS2010. It works. :D

I don't think it would be fit to upload the code into a stable branch in Git until MediaPortal's TV server backend is thoroughly tested on Windows 8. So for the interim, the modified code is available here:
    Code:
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5RDKKdUQy5ndUhkR0RnbUJMdFE

All you need to do is extract the contents of the zip file into the MediaPortal installation, and the TVservice should start without any issues.

Nathan.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Is that needed for the TV-client or just the server?

JacobJust

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    OK. My skills to get this working is not good enough. I have tried SQLexpress and get different error.

I noticed the following line appearing in the error log whenever I attempted to start TVservice:

I Googled for it and found that exact line in the source for MediaPortal. What has happened is Windows 8 is version 6.2, which falls through their OS check and deems it an OS prior to XP, hence the error message. I modified the code to support Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, and recompiled with VS2010. It works. :D

I don't think it would be fit to upload the code into a stable branch in Git until MediaPortal's TV server backend is thoroughly tested on Windows 8. So for the interim, the modified code is available here:
    Code:

All you need to do is extract the contents of the zip file into the MediaPortal installation, and the TVservice should start without any issues.

Nathan.

Hi Nathan

Could you provide a new TVcontrol.dll for the 1.3.0 alpha install ?

I cant figure out how or what to alter to compile the correct TVcontrol.dll correct.

Thanks

dyamant

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2007
    Castrop-Rauxel
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Code:

Nathan.

Hi Nathan

Could you provide a new TVcontrol.dll for the 1.3.0 alpha install ?

I cant figure out how or what to alter to compile the correct TVcontrol.dll correct.

Thanks

Where i can find the 1.3.0 alpha ?

-=DeNMaN=-

Portal Member
    November 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi there..

Since the RTM is out for TechNet and MSDN subscribers, Will we see a installer working for the Win8 OS soon.. I've just went out and bought some SSD goodness for the HTPC's and wandering what the wait time will be.. I remember with Win7 it was around a week if I remember correctly.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom