Operating System Windows 8 (1 Viewer)

Data45000

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Here
Home Country
Germany Germany
Does an error pop up when i install it? "This OS isn't supported..."

Will all TV Services work, cause i try to install Windows 8 on my Home Server für using Bitlocker... ^^

I've got the final version of Windows 8 with MSDN AA...

So i hope you guys support this NOW and i don't have to wait two month.

-=DeNMaN=-

Portal Member
November 9, 2006
Home Country
yeah.. it mostly works.. I just have some small issues which i dont know if it's codec related or Win8 related.

The TV server fix for Win8 can be found here.. LINK

The issue i have is MKV, AVI playback is drawing and dropping frames the same number of times. Using the same hardware as before with Win7 and didn't have the issue, but that install is over 3 years old and i cant remember how exactually it was setup.

With Win8.. all i really have is LAV installed.. Before i had k-lite codec etc, then went to LAV.

The weird thing is, the TV is the best it's ever been. Even using the TV card drivers out of the box. The channel changing is so much quicker and it's not dropping frames.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, Win8 has many good improvements under the hood where it is snappier and we can't much do about it on Win7 or earlier. Some stuff are just limited by the OS/hardware combination. Basically a lot of "legacy" stuff has been removed that even under Win7 worked largely like under shitty XP.

Frame dropping with LAV are codec configuration issues. Probably not using hardware accelleration and tries to load everything on the CPU. Check the config and various threads about LAV.

Data45000

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Here
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My Server has the problem, that the explorer.exe crashes if i try to start windows systemsavebuilder (i don't know the right word in english).

My USB 3.0 HDD is not shown in the explorer cause the usb drivers are buggy...

Last edited:

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have upgrade my Client to Win8 x64 PRO without any problems. TV runs better as with Win7 x64 PRO.
    Only one thing i have noticed is, that i have no chance to disable the Win8 Volume Control. So Volume Control ( visible ) im MEPO are useless.
    The other point is, that i have enabled MEPO Audiorender in TV Section and i can control WIN8 Volume Control. IIRC .. Win7 was not able to do so ... or i´m wrong ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom