Not open for further replies.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Short status overview about the WMC skin. Meanwhile the design of the homescreen is almost done, just the scrolling through the items is not 100% smooth yet.
    Hopefully the work of @aspik will help us here :)

A fully working (but not yet final) version of a menu editor is also existing thanks to @Brownard (y)
    It's already possible to add, remove, rename groups and adding of subitems from a list of all available items (installed plugins are automatically recognized) into the groups.
    Of course subitems can be also renamed.

Focused items have a nice reflexion effect moving on the edge on the glass frame as in original WMC :D

Here a few images:
    3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Hopefully the work of @aspik will help us here
    You are putting a lot of faith in me here and I really don't know if I'm be able to get it done. But, pressure work also as a motivation for me:D

Nice design as always in your skins! I'm sure the menu editor will be a great add-on, as every skin feature which comes from Brownard!

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 aside from the home menu, what is the status of the other screens (EPG, Videos, ...)?
    One of the core Advantages of most WMC screns is that the remote Navigation works verry well.
    I think this is not only because of the underlying navigation engine, but also the layout and arrangement of the Buttons and items.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 aside from the home menu, what is the status of the other screens (EPG, Videos, ...)?
    One of the core Advantages of most WMC screns is that the remote Navigation works verry well.
    I think this is not only because of the underlying navigation engine, but also the layout and arrangement of the Buttons and items.
    It was only a preview, unfortunately there is no test version to be expected in close future.
    Besides home menu things are basically untouched so far. You can do basically everything, but the design is taken from Default theme. But I started already with btton designs etc. and they look partly already as in WMC.

I want to keep also the navigation concept from WMC, this includes type any arrangement of buttons. Partly it will break / interfer with the logic of MP2 skin engine.
    I think that's the main reason why it will take time. But, if you contribute, it can be even faster ;) There will be enough smaller packages, which need to be done but won't kill your schedule in the other world :D

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What's the current dev branch?

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In WPF I would make a simple listVie, with grouping and replace the stackPanel with an WrapPanel or an UniformGrid.
    Not sure if MPF is as flexible as WPF when it Comes to lists, Panels and CollectionViews

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, I checked out the FEAT_MCE_Menu_HomeEditor branch, but I don't see the WMC Skin (in VS) and I don't know how to navigate to the menu Editor (in MP2)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, I checked out the FEAT_MCE_Menu_HomeEditor branch, but I don't see the WMC Skin (in VS) and I don't know how to navigate to the menu Editor (in MP2)
    it's still called "Rising" there, as this skin was used as base. But in the settings you should see "WMC skin"
    The Menu Editor is in "Apperance", last entry "Edit Home Menu"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom