Working Free US EPG (1 Viewer)

michael90t

Portal Member
April 1, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
doctboo:

Yea that would be my guess as well.

as far as the dat file goes yes whenever its missing or blank it will bring up the gui interface so that you can select the service you wish to choose and the channel library you want because thats all the dat file is for...

but yea if your still getting the -y error the UUID you have is invalid

eramos581

September 30, 2009
Home Country
finding the Titantv 30 char UUID....not clear

ok I found out how to get a working 30 digit id number for titan.... Its not hard perse but its not simple either.... there may be an easier way but this is how I figured one out

MOST cards come with some type of media software MOST those media softwares probably has an agreement with titantv if not sorry this prolly wont help.......

you will require a packet sniffer (I use wireshark...)

I have an ATI Theater 650 pro card it came with catalyst media center

installed catalyst media center

I ran the packet sniffer in the background and had it start capturing packets on my network card connected to the interwebz..(good idea to not have anyother programs running like browsers or anything that would develop network traffic makes it easier to find what your going to need)

during setup when it asked for EPG source I selected titan then let it start looking for epg data

I switched to the packet sniffer and once it had gatherd some packets (you do NOT need to wait for the EPG to finish dloading) I stopped the capture. In wire shark (and prolly anyother sniffer) I right clicked on a packet I know was from titantv ( IP addy should be 66.43.219.228 or similiar) and clicked "follow tcp stream" it will pop up a window with the packets combined and in raw data form..... at the very beginning there will be a handshake that looks similiar to this

GET /dataservice.asmx/RequestProgramData2?
UUID=******************************&ProviderId=G_45005&DaysRequested=8&UTCStartTime=2009-05-05T20:53:59Z
HTTP/1.1
Host: data.titantv.com
Accept: */*

I am not clear what setup you are referring to above in green font. I know how to use the packet sniffer tool but I am not understanding at what point you are activating the titantv site so I can switch over to my packet sniffer and get the UUID.

Thanks for your response.

michael90t

Portal Member
April 1, 2009
Home Country
my card came with the catalyst media center.... during setup o the media center it asks where you want to get your epg data from..... thats when i start the sniffer and then choose titan as the epg source and start sniffing packets

eramos581

September 30, 2009
Home Country
my card came with the catalyst media center.... during setup o the media center it asks where you want to get your epg data from..... thats when i start the sniffer and then choose titan as the epg source and start sniffing packets
Hmmm, a little confused here since I also have an ATI adapter "ATI Radeon HD 2600 pro" which also comes with the catalyst media center SW but I don't get this question (where you want to get your epg data from) at any point during the installation of the SW.....am I missing something here?
(b) If I can't resolve not receiving this EPG query during installation of the SW, is there any other way I can cause prompting of Titan so I can get the UUID?

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
Hey guys, I am using this program and downloading from M$, and I can't seem to get it to auto update. I have it run the bat file from task manager and running the bat file alone, and running from task manager both work, but I made the comp wake up and run the bat and it will not run, it just wakes up. I am a little stumped. Is there any other way to get it to auto update? has anybody successfully gotten the bat to run from vista on task scheduler? I would appreciate any feed back on the matter. Thanks

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Hey guys, I am using this program and downloading from M$, and I can't seem to get it to auto update. I have it run the bat file from task manager and running the bat file alone, and running from task manager both work, but I made the comp wake up and run the bat and it will not run, it just wakes up. I am a little stumped. Is there any other way to get it to auto update? has anybody successfully gotten the bat to run from vista on task scheduler? I would appreciate any feed back on the matter. Thanks

I run XP but a couple of things to check.
    1) If you have the PC wake up to run this did you set a password, the task must run with a user with proper permissions and that user must have a password.
    2) In XP if a task fails to run it will list an error code. When you bring up the task scheduler it will list the tasks and when they last ran and any error codes
    3) If you use the MP power scheduler make sure it has enough time to run and will not shut down b4 it completes

Code:
    @echo off

REM Update the program guide
    Start /W /D "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\epg" mc2xml -o tvguide.xml

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Hey thanks for your reply. I have no password set for any security so I dont need to have one for the task to run. I can run the batch fine from task scheduler, but I have watch the comp wake up and no cmd box opens and the task does not happen. It wakes up fine and there are no errors, it just doesnt run the task. I am stumped, I appreciate you helping me on this. If I could post an error code I would but I have none.

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Hey thanks for your reply. I have no password set for any security so I dont need to have one for the task to run. I can run the batch fine from task scheduler, but I have watch the comp wake up and no cmd box opens and the task does not happen. It wakes up fine and there are no errors, it just doesnt run the task. I am stumped, I appreciate you helping me on this. If I could post an error code I would but I have none.

I think you are missing the point. The task scheduler (in xp) needs any account with a password to work.

Just humor me. Make a new user “user” with password “user” open the task and select the “run as” to “user” with password “user” make sure the “run only if logged on” is not checked

The “error” I was talking of was the column in task scheduler that reads “last response” it should be “0x0” anything else is an error code

Not sure about Vista but I am guessing it is the same...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom