WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (8 Viewers)

Rasputin

Portal Pro
January 13, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
hm... theres no hover_worldweather.png or jpg. i renamde the hover_weather to hover_worldweather but it doenst help.

Caudron13

Portal Member
May 10, 2006
Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi All ... thank you for this great replacement for Weather. I love the additional features, especially the Starrynight. The problem that I am having is that I can't configure a sky view for my location. Perth Western Australia. I have seen many mentions of "The Manual" but cannot find where it is. Please help.

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, firstly I too just wanted to say thanks for this plugin - brilliant replacement, and I love the ability to choose the API.

On a technical note, I'd just like to know if anybody else is having an issue with the Sunrise and Sunset times being out?

It is out exactly by 1 hour.

I have the time zone set correctly (in my case (UTC +12 - Auckland, Wellington) and I also have my coordinates set right.

I have also tried setting the daylight saving button both on and off.

Any other suggestions?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi weather freaks,
    please find attached the new xmls for the version 0.4.5.
    Changes:
    • Added an extra button in Astronomy view to show the zodiac images w/o cluttering the screen.
    • The weather provider and weather forecast provider are now in plain text (w/o images)
    • If activated, actual weather feed will be displayed in the last forecast column when forecast provider is Google or Yahoo.
    • Some small adjustments
    The screenshots are for Default Wide only, but the PVHD skins are similiar.
    Enjoy World Weather 0.4.5 with these new skin xmls ;)

PS: The skin files for the 4x3 versions will follow tomorrow.

15-29-01.jpg 15-29-05.jpg 15-29-16.jpg 15-29-54.jpg

Attachments

• WorldWeather 0.4.5 for DefaultWide.zip
      13.2 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.5 for LCARS.zip
      7.9 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.5 for PureVisionHD.zip
      7.7 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.5 for PureVisionHDBlue.zip
      7.7 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.5 for PureVisionHDHorizon.zip
      7.7 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.5 for PureVisionHDMetro.zip
      7.7 KB

pmwolf

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2010
    Caudron13

Hi
    to get the StarryNight to worked I had to do the following

I will be assuming that you are using DefualtWide skin

I went into the WorldWeatherAstronomy.xml

As a note in the xml file the following code is listed twice so you can have two images. I ended up removing one of the listings and then changed the posX and posY but that was for my own liking but this will get you started

I then changed the following bit of code

this will work if you have set the correct url in the WorldWeather configuration

Code:
    <control>
        <description>Starry sky image</description>
        <type>image</type>
        <id>0</id>
        <posX>0</posX>
        <posY>80</posY>
        <width>640</width>
        <height>640</height>
        <texture>http://www.astronomie.de/Images/Himmelaktuell/obssky1.gif</texture>
        <visible>string.equals(#WorldWeather.View,Astronomy)</visible>
    </control>

to
    Code:
    <control>
        <description>Starry sky image</description>
        <type>image</type>
        <id>0</id>
        <posX>0</posX>
        <posY>80</posY>
        <width>640</width>
        <height>640</height>
        <texture>#WorldWeather.ImageStarrySky</texture>
        <visible>string.equals(#WorldWeather.View,Astronomy)</visible>
    </control>

Hopes this helps

Baron of L/S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2009
    Gippsland Lakes
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi, firstly I too just wanted to say thanks for this plugin - brilliant replacement, and I love the ability to choose the API.

On a technical note, I'd just like to know if anybody else is having an issue with the Sunrise and Sunset times being out?

It is out exactly by 1 hour.

I have the time zone set correctly (in my case (UTC +12 - Auckland, Wellington) and I also have my coordinates set right.

I have also tried setting the daylight saving button both on and off.

Any other suggestions?
    I too am having the same problem for Melbourne Australia, City code ASXX0075 longtitude 144.9667, latitude -39.8167 tried google and yahoo and the sunset/sunrise times are i hour out and the seasons 6 months out, any help appreciated.

nikos1671

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi Micropolis,

I am having a problem with the plugin,i am using singleseat setup and when i wake up my pc after sleep the mp need 27 sec to react in any command.When i disable the plugin mp react in 1 or 2 seconds.
    No logs attached becuase i am using md@pi.
    Can someone also confirm if the have so big delay when pc wake up from sleep?

thanks
    Nikos

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have seen many mentions of "The Manual" but cannot find where it is. Please help.
    in all of the zip-files (for example "WorldWeather v0.4.5 (Release Candidate 2012-02-18).zip" ) in the folder "Documentation" you will find "WorldWeather for MediaPortal.pdf". Thats the manual.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,

@Holzi
    New enhancements? Could you give us some hints? I'm looking forward to it!

Pictures say's more than thousand words...

Preview 0.4.7.JPG

@Baron of L/S
    ...I too am having the same problem for Melbourne Australia, City code ASXX0075 longtitude 144.9667, latitude -39.8167 tried google and yahoo and the sunset/sunrise times are i hour out and the seasons 6 months out..

If I analyze your location, internal Windows API says me there is daylight saving time, same as Sydney (it's the same time zone). I had checked this location many times with support from Bleazle and there was no errors or problems. Currently I don't have a valid solution, but I'll try to check the source again with the newest branch.
    Regarding your error in season information, I'm totally blind yet. All calendar related information are valid for each country of our world. I think, the properties in your skin files are not correctly set. So please give me a hint, which skin do you use.

@nikos1671
    ...I am having a problem with the plugin,i am using singleseat setup and when i wake up my pc after sleep the mp need 27 sec to react in any command.When i disable the plugin mp react in 1 or 2 seconds...

Which version (official or release candidate build) of WorldWeather do you use? Between these versions there are some refresh related enhancements. Without this information I can't give you a valid statement, sorry.
    What means "md@pi", why it is not possible to give me log files? Please explain, thank you.

Cheers, Micropolis

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Micropolis,

a BIG feature request (I know it is very difficult, if not possible I would accept).

You can add Weather Underground to to existing condition providers ?

I ask this because NONE of the existing providers gives me correct values ​​of a mountain village in which I go on vacation.

All are based on a weather station which is located at another location and that provides very different values​​.

The places I'm interested in keeping in check is the following:

City: Transacqua, Italy
    City code: *725191
    Postal code: ITTA1722

The URL map of Weather Underground is this.

Currently the average values ​​of temperature are reported in about 2-10 degrees lower than they should.

This is because the measuring station used by Google, Yahoo and WWO is located at 1450 meters above sea level, while the location to check is at 750 meters above sea level.

Regards,
    xavier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom