WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (11 Viewers)

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,

@Baron of L/S
    Regarding your error in season information, I'm totally blind yet. All calendar related information are valid for each country of our world. I think, the properties in your skin files are not correctly set. So please give me a hint, which skin do you use.

Cheers, Micropolis

Hi Micropolis,

perhaps Baron of L/S meant that the seasons in the southern hemisphere are of course reversed compared to the northern hemisphere.
    So calendar related seasons are NOT equal to all parts of the world.

Spring NH = Autumn SH
    Summer NH = Winter SH
    Autumn NH = Spring SH
    Winter NH = Summer SH

Kind regards

Roger

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi xavir,
    ... a BIG feature request (I know it is very difficult, if not possible I would accept). You can add Weather Underground to to existing condition providers ? ...

as said before, I'm not totally happy with Weather Underground as a provider. I had read the legal stuff of this company and take a deeper look into the requirements, which must be transmitted by an end-user in the registration process (e.g. phone number, adress, project name and a lot of other personal data). In my opinion this is too much and end-users can not remain in anonymity.
    Some weeks before there was a discussion about sponsorship possibilities with this provider, currently I don't exactly were we stand. Hopefully our community member BigB42078 can give us more information.
    So please be patient, maybe we can find a good way to implement this in the future.

Cheers, Micropolis

Baron of L/S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2009
    Gippsland Lakes
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @Baron of L/S

If I analyze your location, internal Windows API says me there is daylight saving time, same as Sydney (it's the same time zone). I had checked this location many times with support from Bleazle and there was no errors or problems. Currently I don't have a valid solution, but I'll try to check the source again with the newest branch.
    Regarding your error in season information, I'm totally blind yet. All calendar related information are valid for each country of our world. I think, the properties in your skin files are not correctly set. So please give me a hint, which skin do you use.

Thanks for your quick reply and I apologise for not providing enough information, I have not yet updated my system specs since the forum upgrade;)
    I'm using the latest v0.4.5.0 with StreamedMP skin but I'm getting the same effect with defaultwide, i.e. sunrise/sunset are one hour out and it shows spring starting on 3/20/2012 which is of course our autumn down here. I have attached my worldweather.xml for your info. Thanks again

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
      40.8 KB
    • WorldWeather.xml
      40.8 KB

nikos1671

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    @nikos1671

Which version (official or release candidate build) of WorldWeather do you use? Between these versions there are some refresh related enhancements. Without this information I can't give you a valid statement, sorry.
    What means "md@pi", why it is not possible to give me log files? Please explain, thank you.

Cheers, Micropolis[/quote]

I am using the 4.5 version release candidate build.
    Here is my logs.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Weather freaks,
    here the promised xmls for the 4x3 skins Default and PureVision (for World Weather 0.4.5).
    Screenshots are from Default, PureVision is similiar.
    Enjoy!

11-49-05.jpg 11-49-13.jpg 11-51-11.jpg 11-51-33.jpg 11-51-38.jpg

Attachments

• WorldWeather 0.4.5 for Default.zip
      13.2 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.5 for PureVision.zip
      7.7 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    the time is come to present you the newest stable version of WorldWeather. This version contains a lot of changes and requires updated skin files for your preferred skin.

Major changes and enhancements:
    • add thumbnail view for weather images
    • add World Weather Online provider support and required configuration dialog and GUI enhancements
    • add new zodiac routines and appropriate properties
    • add functionality to refresh your weather data after system resume including configuration option
    • add configuration option to define a default location
    • add WorldWeather profile sample
    • a lot of minor bug fixes, tweaks and code/performance optimizations
    For skin related changes please consult the manual or the included default/default wide samples.

Finally let me say thank you to all contributors, skinners and translators for the great support in the last few weeks and also to each community members, which has post bug reports, suggestions and enhancement requests.
    A new nightly build with enhanced weather condition functionalities comes this weekend, hopefully I can find also a solution for incorrect sunset/sunrise calculation for specific locations in southern hemisphere.

@grubi, D3ltoroxp: please enable the configuration option "force refresh after system resume" to get back old refresh behavior.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom