WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (10 Viewers)

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
October 10, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
attached at the first post of this thread you can find a new nightly build of WorldWeather v0.4.7. Please use at at your own risk.

The main goal of this version is to support more weather condition related information. For this, a new interface was implemented for the well known weather provider Yr.No from Norway. In respect to the work from burr (the owner of the plugin yrWeather), the interface does not support current and daily forecast information.

Plugin related changes:
  • add basic Yr.No provider support for hourly/graphical forecast including manual condition/icon mapping
  • add condition view properties
  • add new properties (LocationSunshineDuration, TodayWindDirectionImage) and related hourly forecast properties (see chapter 6)
  • changes to basic sunset/sunrise calculation
Skin related changes:
  • add condition view “Normal”, “Hour” and “Graphic”
  • move barometer images to condition main directory
The nightly build contains generic skin files to demonstrate the required skin changes.

@Baron of L/S, blair_haynes: please test the changed sunset/sunrise calculation routines, thank you.

Cheers, Micropolis

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Micropolis,

a BIG feature request (I know it is very difficult, if not possible I would accept).

You can add Weather Underground to to existing condition providers ?

I ask this because NONE of the existing providers gives me correct values ​​of a mountain village in which I go on vacation.

All are based on a weather station which is located at another location and that provides very different values​​.

The places I'm interested in keeping in check is the following:

City: Transacqua, Italy
    City code: *725191
    Postal code: ITTA1722

The URL map of Weather Underground is this.

Currently the average values ​​of temperature are reported in about 2-10 degrees lower than they should.

This is because the measuring station used by Google, Yahoo and WWO is located at 1450 meters above sea level, while the location to check is at 750 meters above sea level.

Regards,
    xavier.

+1 for this!

Baron of L/S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2009
    Gippsland Lakes
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @Baron of L/S, blair_haynes: please test the changed sunset/sunrise calculation routines, thank you.

Cheers, Micropolis[/quote]
    Have installed latest and it now shows correct sunrise/sunset times, well done:) The seasons are also correct now as well (they are actually the equinox dates but that's fine;) )
    I've attached a snapshot for Melbourne.
    One more small bug, when I change locations I lose the holiday season information until I restart MP
    Thanks again for your hard work

Attachments

• Weather.jpg
      Weather.jpg
      129.7 KB

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Dear community,
    attached at the first post of this thread you can find a new nightly build of WorldWeather v0.4.7. Please use at at your own risk.

The main goal of this version is to support more weather condition related information. For this, a new interface was implemented for the well known weather provider Yr.No from Norway. In respect to the work from burr (the owner of the plugin yrWeather), the interface does not support current and daily forecast information.

Plugin related changes:
    • add basic Yr.No provider support for hourly/graphical forecast including manual condition/icon mapping
    • add condition view properties
    • add new properties (LocationSunshineDuration, TodayWindDirectionImage) and related hourly forecast properties (see chapter 6)
    • changes to basic sunset/sunrise calculation
    Skin related changes:

• add condition view “Normal”, “Hour” and “Graphic”
    • move barometer images to condition main directory
    The nightly build contains generic skin files to demonstrate the required skin changes.

Cheers, Micropolis

Hi Micropolis

Thanks - have intalled and am pleased to say that Sunset and Sunrise times are now correct.

Keep up the great work!

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    1. I am getting errors in my logfiles (attached) about missing controls. Could these be due to the skin files from WorldWeather?
    2. I also have an error which appears to be due to my attempt to use an RSS feed (posted earlier). Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this feed URL, or better still, what would be the correct syntax?
    P.S. I am using the stable release of 0.45

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi World Weather freaks,
    here are the first xmls for the new nightly version 0.4.7 of this fantastic plugin (all PVHD and DefaultWide skins, LCARS and 4x3 skins will follow later) :D
    Pls note: The zip files only include the xmls, not the new GFX from Micropolis. Pls make sure you use the latest GFX from the 0.4.7 nightly package!
    One more hint: In the Hour and Graphic views only the button to change the views is shown to make enough space for the data. When changing back to normal view, all necessary buttons are shown again ;)

The DefaultWide includes a new reference.xml, pls make sure you copy this as well ;)

Screenshots:
    13-40-10.jpg 13-40-19.jpg 13-40-24.jpg 14-07-17.jpg 14-07-23.jpg 14-07-28.jpg

Attachments

• WorldWeather 0.4.7 for PureVisionHD.zip
      11.8 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.7 for PureVisionHDBlue.zip
      11.8 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.7 for PureVisionHDHorizon.zip
      11.8 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.7 for PureVisionHDMetro.zip
      11.8 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.7 for DefaultWide.zip
      21.1 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Baron of L/S, rsbrux,

@Baron of L/S:
    ... One more small bug, when I change locations I lose the holiday season information until I restart MP...

This is a skin related issue. Normally the calendar properties will be refreshed only, if you switch to "calendar window". It's possible to change the refresh part, but I want to talk to Marduk65 before.

@rsbrux:
    I am getting errors in my logfiles (attached) about missing controls. Could these be due to the skin files from WorldWeather?
    The warnings doesn't come from the WorldWeather plugin.

I also have an error which appears to be due to my attempt to use an RSS feed (posted earlier). Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this feed URL, or better still, what would be the correct syntax?
    The problem occurs due to a exception in rss reader. The latest build from first post corrects this issue. If you do not want upgrade to v0.4.7, please replace Micropolis.MPCore.dll only.

Cheers, Micropolis

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ... and here the 4x3 skin xmls for Default and PureVision.
    Due to lack of space in these skins the hourly and graphic previews are only for eight hours.
    Enjoy :D

18-39-21.jpg 18-39-15.jpg 18-39-09.jpg

Attachments

• WorldWeather 0.4.7 for Default.zip
      20.5 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.7 for PureVision.zip
      11.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom