WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello doskabouter,
    ... but not hourly (Don't know how/when it should be displayed though)...

Thx, under these circumstances I must debug the wetter.com API call for myself, because the troubleshooting steps cannot be provided (see chapter 12.2.2). Please post your entered city name or the profile.

EDIT: In case your entered city name is "Nederwetten" in the Netherlands (which is the city name behind Yahoo WOEID 731871), I've got hourly condition information for the next 24 hours during my debug session.

Micropolis
    Any news on this? Still can't get any hourly forecasts with both Yr.no and wetter.com...

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    ... I hope this introduction to the use of g_player may be interesting for you ...
    I'm aware of the g_player class, but I haven't found a solution yet to play a video without using the switch to the internal video window. Currently I have a working, but experimental version here. Please give me some time to think about other solutions also.

... Any news on this? Still can't get any hourly forecasts with both Yr.no and wetter.com...
    You've never provide me your entered city name nor your profile. I'm not able to find the issue without your support, therefore you are under obligation.

Micropolis

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ... Any news on this? Still can't get any hourly forecasts with both Yr.no and wetter.com...
    You've never provide me your entered city name nor your profile. I'm not able to find the issue without your support, therefore you are under obligation.

Micropolis

Sorry, kind of missed this...
    I've entered Nuenen, Gerwen en Nederwetten as city, so your Nederwetten was close enough.

Please find attached the worldweather.xml (that is my full profile, right?)

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
      5.7 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi doskabouter,
    ... I've entered Nuenen, Gerwen en Nederwetten as city, so your Nederwetten was close enough...
    To get hourly conditions, simply change the city name from "Nuenen, Gerwen en Nederwetten" to "Nederwetten". Please be aware, that a provider needs a unique city name and not a combination of different cities. After my tests with your profile, I'm able to get hourly forecast information from wetter.com and from Yr.No without any problems.

Micropolis

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So that was the culprit. I guess I'd filled that one according to some other provider (Nuenen, Gerwen en Nederwetten is the municipality which contains the villages Nuenen, Gerwen and Nederwetten).

Thanks!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    based on the request of @xavier please find attached a test version of WorldWeather v1.6.3.
    This version adds the ability to play videos from within the weather media section. This change was a little bit expensive and means a lot of code changes. In case you want to support me or to make a regression test, please perform the following steps:
    • download the attached test package and unzip it to a temporary folder
    • open the temporary folder and navigate to folder “WorldWeather\Release\Plugins\Windows”
    • copy all files to the MediaPortal plugin directory, e.g. “c:\program files\team mediaportal\plugins\windows”
    • navigate to folder “WorldWeather\Release\Language\WorldWeather”
    • copy all files to your MediaPortal language folder, e.g. “c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\language\WorldWeather”
    • navigate to folder “WorldWeather\Release\Skin\Default\Media\WorldWeather”
    • copy the directory "Media" to the same location of your preferred skin
    • start the configuration, open the "Media" tab, enable a free media place and enter the location of a local video file or a URL to video file (samples with different resolutions can be found here)
    • test the media preview functionality
    • start MediaPortal, open the "Media" section and select the added video configured before, press "Enter" to start or stop the associated video file
    • post your test results here
    Under some circumstances (e.g. missing codecs), the media preview functionality does not working correctly on your HTPC. In case you have this problem
    • install a Windows codec pack,
    • put the files from the attached package "Managed DirectX" into the MediaPortal root folder or plugin folder,
    • tell me, which operating system, DirectX version (or DirectX SDK version) and codec pack you have installed and
    • which solution has solved the problem.

I need support from this community to find regressions and to harden the newest addition.

EDIT: Attachments deleted, official version has been published.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

0kk0

Portal Member
    March 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello! First i wanna say thanks voor great plugin! WorldWeather Rocks :D Well.. it did until i got an error from out of space.... suddenly this evening (havent changed anything in mediaportal) worldwather stops working and i got an error (see screenshot) It Says 'Error while loading geoclock image'... but when i try to change a location... it doesnt mather to what... always get error "world weather could not detect a valid location"

Please help me!!!! lol
    Thanks in advance!

PS: using v1.6.2 also tried lite version but there i got same error

Update: mediaportal can show weather when i changed current weather provider to Yahoo in plugin settings... but it cant detect any city

1o635y.jpg

v7dzco.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom