Would Like to Start Working on USBUIRT Fix: Where Do I Start (1 Viewer)

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Re: Hi steve

vbgeezer said:
    tried this with the latest CVS mediaportal-cvs-06-10-2005--01-17.rar and it didn't work but unzipped config and it works a treat

Unfortunately MP is now not working at all well for me - tv is now totally unwatchable and pixelated so i'll have to roll back which suck because using Girder is painful and you seem to have hit the sweet spot
    Glad USBUIRT support works for you. I'm a little confused RE "latest CVS mediaportal-cvs-06-10-2005--01-17.rar". The latest snapshot as I'm writing this is mediaportal-cvs-10-29-2005 -- 19-22.rar. Is it possible you're appying a really old snapshot?

Couple of q's

Will you be adding more keys to the learing sequence? a lot of them are missing - noteably the play key and the channel numbers
    Adding selectable actions for MP control is on my list of things to do. This release was to get basic learning and control functionality working. Once the patch gets rolled into the CVS release and is confirmed to be working well I plan on doing some more work on it.

Do you use the my keys plugin - I do and being able to progam buttons for the mytv, myradio etc would be awesome
    I haven't had a look at "my keys" yet--I'll have a look.

can I help test for you? please pm if I can be of any help
    I might take you up on that. Thanks for the offer.

Last would it work in older mp ie rc2 if I use you config?
    Unfortunately, no. The changes also affect MP functionality. So while using the newer configuration.exe would allow you to learn MP control ir codes via the USBUIRT the older versions of MP won't do anything with them.

Thanks for the update,

Steve

vbgeezer

Portal Pro
    December 18, 2004
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Happy to help test

Well it doesn't matter now about using old version as I have the latest working :)

Sorry I copy and pasted ref to wrong cvs I am using

mediaportal-cvs-10-29-2005--19-22.rar

I notice that the UIRT setup screen has good control for additional functions maybe you could grab some of that code?

BTW I am professional software development manager by day so I can manage proper testing with test plans etc. so I'll assume that this suits you and just get start testing :)

Yes I guessed it would affect MP also so maybe you could post mp.exe as weel onyour site for testing or email me direct - PM me for an email address if you want.

Feedback so far, the remote responds REALLY well. Girder was a complete dog. The urgent issues for usability to be able to really soak test are support for ch + ch - and the vol + and vol - everything else is just nice to have.

For ref I am using the Harmony 680 configured to emulate MS MCE remote + USBUIRT

Thanks agian for the changes they are great.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Re: Happy to help test

vbgeezer said:
    Well it doesn't matter now about using old version as I have the latest working :)
    ...I notice that the UIRT setup screen has good control for additional functions maybe you could grab some of that code?
    This is what I was thinking as well :)

Yes I guessed it would affect MP also so maybe you could post mp.exe as weel onyour site for testing or email me direct - PM me for an email address if you want.
    The bug should only affect configuration.exe and not MP. Until the patch makes it way to the next CVS snapshot, you should be able to use the configuration.exe from my web site to learn ir commands. Once you've done that you should be able to use your remote with MP (assuming you're using a CVS snapshot "mediaportal-cvs-10-28-2005--19-22" or later. Is that not the case?

Feedback so far, the remote responds REALLY well. Girder was a complete dog. The urgent issues for usability to be able to really soak test are support for ch + ch - and the vol + and vol - everything else is just nice to have.

For ref I am using the Harmony 680 configured to emulate MS MCE remote + USBUIRT
    Great to hear it's working well. I've started working on adding support for additional MP actions. FWIW, I'm using a Harmony 880 also configured to emulate an MCE remote.

Steve

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    I have submitted another patch to CVS that adds additional USBUIRT functionality. Namely:

• Fixed USBUIRT.Close() problem which I had previously disabled due to crashing MP on exit. USBUIRT.Close() now closes and releases handle properly.

IR code teaching process now pops up seperate window.

Added ability to assign ir codes to most MP control actions.

Added ability to teach and delete individual MP control IR codes.

Teaching window now displays received IR code including assigned action, if any, in status bar.

Added "JumpTo" remote commands for "Home", "My TV", "My Pictures", "My Music", "My Videos", etc.

MP control commands and assigned IR code strings are now sorted prior to being written to UIRTUSB-remote.xml file to improve legibility.

Learn methods now attempt to reconnect USBUIRT if it was disconnected/reconnected or connected *after* the configuration.exe was launched.
    I haven't heard much regarding the last changes so I'm assuming that things are working ok. Please post your results, suggestions, and comments here.

Special thanks to vbgeezer for testing and feedback :)

Enjoy -- Steve

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Cool, Sounds good. I just loaded the latest CVS and it was still not in there. Anyway you could put a version number inside where you set up your USB-UIRT? It's always nice to know what build or version I am on. I think that would help if you are going to create any more builds to help us solve problems. I will wait till the next CVS and test it out... I am hoping I can get rid of Girder all together.... just one less thing to hassle with.

Thanks for all your hard work.

EDIT: Downloaded the latest CVS install... I still don't see it in there.. can anyone comfirm? I downloaded: mediaportal-cvs-11-11-2005--22-48.rar

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    ASiDiE said:
    ...Anyway you could put a version number inside where you set up your USB-UIRT? It's always nice to know what build or version I am on....

Done. The change will appear in a future release.

EDIT: Downloaded the latest CVS install... I still don't see it in there.. can anyone comfirm? I downloaded: mediaportal-cvs-11-11-2005--22-48.rar

The patch doesn't appear to have been applied yet as it still shows up in SF Patches with an open status.

--Steve

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Will find out what has happened here but the relevant source files have been changed by frodo this morning Steve, also don't forget that anonymous CVS can be anything up to 4+ hours behind developer CVS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom