Would Like to Start Working on USBUIRT Fix: Where Do I Start (2 Viewers)

rich710

Portal Member
July 13, 2004
Sweden
I'm so happy to see that somebody is working with the usbuirt, got it working yesterday to control my settop box... very nice indeed....

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Latest USBUIRT patch has been applied as of CVS snap: mediaportal-cvs-11-12-2005--15-19.rar

rich710,

Glad it's working well for you. The latest version adds a bunch of additional support so you may want to try the latest CVS snapshot.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Steve... I just wanted to thank you for all the work you have been doing with the USBUIRT. I also wanted to know if something like this... would be able to work. You just added the option to minimize MP at start up or when you exit the GUI. Once minimized... will I still be able to use my remote to open it back up?

When I was using girder... I was able to set up a start command to start up MP with my remote. What I would like for it to do is start up minimized and then be able to hit the power button on my remote to open up MP. Is something like this possible? Is it already there.. and I just haven't discovered it yet?

Your thoughts?

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Hi ASiDiE,

It's not currently possible but *is* on my TODO list. I think creating 3 additional MP actions would be helpful:

ACTION_GUI_MINIMIZE
    ACTION_GUI_RESTORE
    ACTION_GUI_TOGGLE_MINIMIZE_RESTORE

Note that MP already has a ACTION_TOGGLE_WINDOWED_FULSLCREEN (sic) action.

These additional actions would allow you to either assign the ACTION_GUI_TOGGLE_MINIMIZE_RESTORE or ACTION_GUI_RESTORE action to your power button.

I'm working on some other stuff ATM but should be able to get this coded in the next week or so.

Will this do what you need? Also, any issues with USBUIRT?

Steve

Solo

July 11, 2004
    Now this my sound stupid, but I noticed that there are more command for the keyboard than for the usbuirt, so wouldn't it be easier to just have it hook the keyboard commands rather than program them in again?

The one command missing that I personally would like to have is the "Show Context Menu". I actually use that menu alot.

Nice work though. I am glad I got my usbuirt and even more glad someone is shaping it up.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Solo said:
    Now this my sound stupid, but I noticed that there are more command for the keyboard than for the usbuirt, so wouldn't it be easier to just have it hook the keyboard commands rather than program them in again?

The one command missing that I personally would like to have is the "Show Context Menu". I actually use that menu alot.

Nice work though. I am glad I got my usbuirt and even more glad someone is shaping it up.

The USBUIRT has access to all of the MP actions so there's no need to "hook the keyboard commands". However, as you might imagine the action list is quite long (126 actions to be precise) and some of these actions are of limited use outside of a very specific context. I have chosen to filter some actions from the USBUIRT commands list in order to make setup a little easier.

I agree that the context menu action should be available--I'll add it into the next release.

Steve

m0rt

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2005
    Bolton, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Steve. Great work on the USBUIRT you've done a fantastic job.

I've posted a problem in the general support forum but I'm guessing you're the man who's most likely to offer me some advice.

I can't seem to be able to change the channel using my remote numeric buttons. If I use the normal keyboard numeric keys and type 1 and 0 MP switches to channel 10 but when I press 1 and 0 on my remote. Nothing happens.

I've set up all the numeric keys on my remote as well as all the other buttons (up, down, left, right, play, stop etc... all work fine).

Am I missing something or is this a known problem?
    Thanks in advance and keep up the great work. All us USBUIRT users really appreciate it.

m0rt

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Hi m0rt,

This is something I noticed as well but haven't had time to look in to. I don't think it's a problem with the USBUIRT code as it simply forwards the appropriate actions to the mp code. Also, if you use your remote's numeric keys while the tv guide is displayed I'm pretty sure the guide responds to the numeric button presses.

What makes this difficult for me to troublehoot is the fact that I don't have a tv tuner on my development machine (laptop) and I don't have C# Express on my HTPC. Further complicating the matter is the fact the C# Express doesn't support remote debugging.

Having said all that, it is on my to do list.

Steve

m0rt

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2005
    Bolton, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Steve

Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't tried using while in the tv guide, will do tonight.

There's no rush as it's only a minor thing and everything else works perfectly. Thanks for all your effort.

At least it's ruled out my original thought which was I'd screwed something up!! :? lol

m0rt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom