wrong date on music folders (1 Viewer)

m57

Portal Member
September 20, 2008
hi guys ever since i updated to RC3. the folders in my music have the same date and i cant seem to sort by the latest.

any help would be appreciated

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hi guys ever since i updated to RC3. the folders in my music have the same date and i cant seem to sort by the latest.

any help would be appreciated
    Did you do a clean install?

Not sure which date you are looking at but I am assuming this is the date added to database. If you wipe your music database and start again everything will get a new created date.

m57

Portal Member
    September 20, 2008
    no i didnt do a clean install i just updated it from rc2.

It used to have the same dates as the files on my server. modified and created dates.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    no i didnt do a clean install i just updated it from rc2.

It used to have the same dates as the files on my server. modified and created dates.
    modified and created dates of files in MP are not used in music database. The date field is the time at which a new track gets added to the database.

Can you confim which view it is where the dates are wrong (a screenshot might help)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    We don't do any writing to files.
    So i'm 100% sure that it wasn't MP who changed the date of your folders.

I guess with "folders" you mean the physical directory on your HD. Right?

m57

Portal Member
    September 20, 2008
    In the music view options i'v got the view by "shares" and sorted by date not date added. the shares are on my main server. On the main server the modifed dates are fine in the windows its just on the MP client its all got the same date which is 23/1/2010 for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread