X-Factor Test Release (R570) - Update 2010-03-10!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

protonenpumpe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: X-Factor Test Release (R567)

Hi cul8er,

great job, you've done here, although I also noticed a few things:

1.)
    When using the "images-rss"-design and selecting "show weather forecast always" in the "settings"-menu, the weather-information on basichome is overlapping the rss-feed-line.

2.)
    I used the default-setup for basichome and with this, I don't have any backdrops when selecting menu-items with a single-image setup, such as "games\default.jpg". Backdrop only shows, if I enter the full path of the image in BasicHome-Editor.

3.)
    In the new XFactor-Settings inside MediaPortal, if I press "OK" on an already selected radiobutton, the button-highlighting disappears. Of course, this is more of a minor "cosmetical" bug, but since these radiobuttons are radiobuttons, it should just stay the way it is, if you select an activated button.

Last thing is, that entering the basichome still is a bit slow, but I could live with that.

:Dfor this great skin! I love it, especially the "images"-design is very nice...

greetings
    pp

PS: Like emphatic, I would prefer sub-menus with the "textmenu"-designs...

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I found 2 errors again.

first screen you can`t see the description of the item is selected, this issue is only in the first Case.

second screen i have found the issue with the missing Desription for the first Case was selected.

This issue is only if you go to the left and then right again. you go first to the right and then left is already ok.

I Hope i can help you cul8er.:D

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
      Unbenannt.jpg
      576.1 KB
    • Unbenannt1.jpg
      Unbenannt1.jpg
      573.7 KB

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: X-Factor Test Release (R567)

Hi,

A BIG Thank you to everyone that has been testing so far and provided feedback. All issues reported until this post are now fixed ;)

cheers
    cul8er

basti_s89

Portal Member
    December 27, 2009

I found another wrong overlay for the German Translation. It's in the MiniDisplaySetting (which is a great idea to integrate it in the settings-menu!!)
    See Screenshots the _root pic is where to find the wrong overlay.
    **EDIT**
    I have to change the Path to the Backdrops in the "Menu Editor" on "multiple" and "single" images I have to add "Animations\" in front of the path to get the Backdrops succesfully displayed.

Attachments

• Settings_minidisplay_root.jpg
      Settings_minidisplay_root.jpg
      46.6 KB
    • Settings_minidisplay.jpg
      Settings_minidisplay.jpg
      45.3 KB

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi basti_s89,

Thank you for your report. I don't have a mini display on my laptop so I haven't had time to skin these skin files correctly and forgot all about it. I will fix this tonight.

Thanks for the reminder;)

best regards
    cul8er

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

hi

yeah i have found a new small issue.

On Sceenshot you can see a small overla with the recording icon for selected TV show.:)

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
      Unbenannt.jpg
      540.7 KB

clanmackenzi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    Paris, France
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

Hi cul8er, not a bug report just some general feedback. I have been using r547/fanarthandler1.5 with 1.1RC1 and think its just about perfect. The new fanart is fantastic only issue is that when I hit the green button to return to the home menu it takes my server about 5 seconds to switch and on some of my clients it takes up to 10 seconds - you start to wonder if its crashed.

What I liked about Xfactor was its sharp response - I am assuming its slower because of all the new fanart. I am configured with Aeon - NO RSS and 10 menu items.

I loaded r567 but no difference. I will try selecting single images and see if this speeds things up - if so its a shame as i really like the random fanart. Any thoughts.

I'm sorry but I really do not like the new guide colour scheme - the old one was spot on. As the main TV interface this needs to look slick and the grey on grey just looks dull to me - sorry. If I ever move to 567 I will be pulling the old guide files back in.

I have attached my Xfactor.xml file so you can see how I am setup.

Edit: just a thought - should I still be using animations for 1.1beta?

Cheers...

Attachments

• XFactor.xml
      30.6 KB

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi clanmackenzi,

Thank you for your feedback. About the slow loading of basichome. There is nothing that can be done to resolve this. I count about 10 different image sources in your setup (some images, some multiimages and some fanart handler). MP is designed to load all these 10 images before displaying the screen. The only way you can make things faster is to use less images sources. For example: don't use both movies and moving pictures as source. I wish I could make this work better but there is no way this can be optimized skinning...

I have a setup with 5 image sources (all fanart handler) and my basichome loads in about a second;)

Hope you can find a good balance between performance and nice setup.

best regards
    cul8er

clanmackenzi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    Paris, France
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

Thanks cul8ter, I will play around to find the right compromise.

What about the animation setting - should I be using 1.1beta for 1.1RC1

Cheers

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi clanmackenzi,

The animation bug in MP Beta 1.1 is fixed so you do not need this setting now.

best regards
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom