X-Factor Test Release (R570) - Update 2010-03-10!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: X-Factor Test Release (R567)

yes i can confirm this, the settings for Animations works perfect in new 567.:D

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: X-Factor Test Release (R567)

Hi,

I'm sorry but I really do not like the new guide colour scheme - the old one was spot on.
    Point taken and I have now added a little color;)

cheers
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I have created a new test version (R570) that should contain fixes for all reported issue so far (download link on first page is updated). Please let me know if you find more issues or new ones. This is the last test release before I make the next version public;)

About the old orange list item backgrounds, I have decided not to make this an option in the skin (will be to complicated). I will release these graphics in a separate MPI package that you can install if you like those old list backgrounds.

best regards
    cul8er

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: X-Factor Test Release (R570) - Update 2010-03-10!!!

big thanks cul8er, i think this is the best way with a seperately MPI installer.:D

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

i have make a smal test on fresh install of x-factor style but i have seen 3 issues.

On 1. screen you can see the small issue in the small item window! This is only you open the Basichome Menu, or go back from another Menu in the Basichome Menu.

the 2. screen you can see the errors is still there in this Menuitem. I missing the Description as in all other Menuitems.

The 3. screen must be an error but why does not always can see the background picture in all items?

The rest of my founding issues are fixed exept under "Recordings" you have still the error with the Recording Icon as in the Timer Page but you have fixed this in this Page.

I have a question still yet because of the Radio Page and RadioTime Page, the two sides you can not adjust more to the music page?

Otherwise, this version is very good!!!:D

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
      Unbenannt.jpg
      568.3 KB
    • Unbenannt1.jpg
      Unbenannt1.jpg
      428.5 KB
    • Unbenannt2.jpg
      Unbenannt2.jpg
      471.2 KB

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi dlarge500,

Thank for the feedback. Issue 1 and 3 are now fixed. About issue 2. What is the text you expect to see in that menu? Is it very long?`I see the text on my menu but it is called Pictures. Please let me know the exact text you have on that menu so that I can test.

best regards
    cul8er

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

ah ok i have "Picture & Photos" as my text,is this too long for this Item? i can`t test this in moment because i have a running record. i test this later.

I have for a little bit seconds a edit on my last post.

The rest of my founding issues are fixed exept under "Recordings" you have still the error with the Recording Icon as in the Timer Page but you have fixed this in this Page.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi dlarge500,

Do you have a screenshot of the last recording icon error?

Thnak you in advance!

best regrads
    cul8er

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

no but this is the same issue as in this picture. Under Timer is this issue fixed i have noticed it just under Recordings.

Attachments

• Unbenannt1.jpg
      Unbenannt1.jpg
      372.8 KB

clanmackenzi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    Paris, France
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    cul8ter, a few more comments for you:

Image 1 (moving Pictures) shows the upper border of the text panel dropping down into the movie title - probably just needs to come up a bit.

Image 2 (Basic Home) - just an observation, on last version the menu bar had nice detail top and bottom (a ridge) this is now gone. Is this deliberate - for me it looked much better before.

Image 3 (TV recordings) - This may be the same issue that Dlarge500 is highlighting. Problem is that the highlight bar fades to black so on a black background it looks like the bar is between recordings. Maybe a thin border line would solve the illusion.

Final comment - more a feature request (fully understand if its too late to consider). Once I select a song or album in the music section I always go up to the menus to select now playing. For me this would be great as a default once a song started. Maybe this is just a personal preference but I would be surprised if others are not doing the same.

P.S. even with single images my menu still takes 10 seconds to load on my client (Ion 330 based system) - thought these would be cached. If I read your reply correctly you suggest that if I put my images in a single folder it will load quicker, is this correct.

Cheers and keep up the good work, :D

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
      Clipboard01.jpg
      265.8 KB
    • Clipboard02.jpg
      Clipboard02.jpg
      247.4 KB
    • Clipboard03.jpg
      Clipboard03.jpg
      181.1 KB
    Status