x264 accelleration (2 Viewers)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am looking into implementing an EVR custom presenter to allow for subtitles without the need to load DirectVobSub. No idea when I'll have something ready though as I've only just started.

That'd be great except I'm on XP :(

I believe you can get EVR working on XP but appears a little bit of a pain. Is there any benefit of EVR over VMR9 ??

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am looking into implementing an EVR custom presenter to allow for subtitles without the need to load DirectVobSub. No idea when I'll have something ready though as I've only just started.

I believe you can get EVR working on XP but appears a little bit of a pain. Is there any benefit of EVR over VMR9 ??
    I have two systems, and one is Vista with EVR, the other is XP with EVR. It was not difficult at all to get EVR working on XP as I only needed .NET Framework 3 and above.

Seemingly, video quality is better with EVR but I can't confirm as I've never used VMR9 on my calibrated display (only ever used EVR).

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

I have two systems, and one is Vista with EVR, the other is XP with EVR. It was not difficult at all to get EVR working on XP as I only needed .NET Framework 3 and above.

Seemingly, video quality is better with EVR but I can't confirm as I've never used VMR9 on my calibrated display (only ever used EVR).

I installed .net 3.0 and wasn't able to get EVR working.

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

I have .NET Framework 3.0 SP1 and .NET Framework 3.5 both installed, on XP Pro SP2. See the attached screenshot that shows EVR working just fine. I had no trouble whatsoever getting it running. I doubt it's relevant, but I'm using MPC Video Decoder.

Attachments

• XP-EVR.jpg
      XP-EVR.jpg
      291.3 KB

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

I have .NET Framework 3.0 SP1 and .NET Framework 3.5 both installed, on XP Pro SP2. See the attached screenshot that shows EVR working just fine. I had no trouble whatsoever getting it running. I doubt it's relevant, but I'm using MPC Video Decoder.

Hmm, I have both of those installed too but I'm on SP3. I'll give it a shot again tonight when I'm home. Thanks.

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have evr installed and working, but for me (XP SP2) VMR9 is way better (Quality) and also provides HW-Acceleration, which evr on XP doesn't.

cheers

joystick

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

According to MPC-HC homepage you need to use the following renderer to get subs with dxva.

# Windows XP users, select VMR9 renderless
    # Vista users, select EVR custom renderer

Have you tried XP with EVR and also got hw acceleration?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom