x264 accelleration (1 Viewer)

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
dull question, but how do i know if I have HA, I enabled it, but just want to know how to check

I use MPC Video Decoder for video (hardware acceleration) and ffdshow for audio. When I play a video, an ffdshow icon appears in my tray, and I can right-click it and then launch the properties page of the MPC Video Decoder. The MPC Video Decoder properties page indicates whether DXVA is in use or not during video playback.

Another way to check is to monitor your CPU usage. With hardware acceleration enabled, MediaPortal.exe should be averaging about 5-10% CPU usage.

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
dull question, but how do i know if I have HA, I enabled it, but just want to know how to check

I use MPC Video Decoder for video (hardware acceleration) and ffdshow for audio. When I play a video, an ffdshow icon appears in my tray, and I can right-click it and then launch the properties page of the MPC Video Decoder. The MPC Video Decoder properties page indicates whether DXVA is in use or not during video playback.

Another way to check is to monitor your CPU usage. With hardware acceleration enabled, MediaPortal.exe should be averaging about 5-10% CPU usage.

Thanks. I don't use MPC but I use CyberLink codec. But i checked the CPU and yet, it's averaged from 5-10%

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom