x86 to x64 upgrade - plugins (2 Viewers)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

Is it straight forward to upgrade to x64 version from x86?

Also, is there a list of plugins supporting x64?

Thanks,
Colin

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Is it straight forward to upgrade to x64 version from x86?
    I regret to inform you that upgrading from 32-bit MP to 64-bit MP is not as simple as running the 64-bit installer. :(

I would suggest following the procedure described in this post. I would recommend installing the current version of MP, which is MP 1.33.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also, is there a list of plugins supporting x64?
    The x64 Media Portal Extension Manager will by default only list x64 compatible plugins, many plugins have been converted for x64 use. If you have some specific plugins you need to know are x64 compatible let us know here and I will get back to you with an answer.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I regret to inform you that upgrading from 32-bit MP to 64-bit MP is not as simple as running the 64-bit installer.
    Why not? Just install the x64 version, and that's it... You can delete x86 before that, preserving the data. And if the MP is installed in a folder other than the default, then it's even easier, just install the x64 version in that folder.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Why not? Just install the x64 version, and that's it... You can delete x86 before that, preserving the data. And if the MP is installed in a folder other than the default, then it's even easier, just install the x64 version in that folder.
    I use custom menu layout for titan using titan editor, also have moving pictures and online videos plugin. are you saying just install x64 and all will work straight away?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I use custom menu layout for titan using titan editor, also have moving pictures and online videos plugin. are you saying just install x64 and all will work straight away?
    If this custom is in the main skin folder, it will be overwritten, if in the custom theme folder, then most likely not. But you can always save the entire Titan folder, and after installing Media Portal, write the saved folder on top

Users who are viewing this thread