XBMC Python Script (1 Viewer)

Johnmen

Portal Member
January 12, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Excuse me for my dumb question, where can I find the SVN copy?

Johnmen

Portal Member
January 12, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks for the reply, looks like what needs to be done to get SVN working is a bit beyond my knowledge and ability, I will wait for a build. :)

dutchmatrix

Portal Member
August 21, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
No dll

This is a very interesting thread.
So i downloaded the svn and compiled it with (after migration) vs2008.
No errors and a very quick build.

But in the /bin/release i only have an .exe no .dll.
Did i miss anything during my build?

For now i can play with my .exe, thats more than i ever had with my xmbc

Tia
John

After i changed my output type to "Class library" it generated a .dll.
Was this the correct way?

dutchmatrix

Portal Member
August 21, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanx for your Reply.

I compiled it as dll and it works.
Only a big problem with the timeshifting.
- First it wont stop timeshifting after i stop watching. (for this im gonna try the patch from redth)
- If i change channels, it wont play directly the new channel but plays the timeshift buffer which has the recording from the previous channel.
(This is a little annoying, but i have hope because it strongly relates to the first problem)

I also had a couple of times that the dll crashed, maybe if i add some more "try catch" i can tackle this.

But most important it's nice to play with the source.

toso06

February 8, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Slightly modified version

Hello!

This is my first post in the MediaPortal forum and first I want to thank EvilDude for working on this plugin and script.

I had some problems with this early version so I modified it a bit. I always return false from "IsTimeshifting", I remove Swedish letters (åäö) from program names and I have modified the rtsp URL returned to the client (I think I had to do that because om my VM ware installation). Here are a zip file containing the result if someone want to try it (use reflector if you are interested in the source). Now I can watch live TV but XBMC crash after about 10 minutes due to this bug that was fixed 5 days ago. I need a new XBMC SVN build...

Thanks again EvilDude and keep up the good work!

/ Tomas

Attachments

• TVServerXBMC.zip
    30.6 KB

swifty

Portal Pro
January 6, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
toso06: What is the purpose of always returning false from IsTimeshifting?
I haven't had time to look at the source of the script yet, but I'm encountering a problem after viewing TV via XBMC - If I stop the video the timeshift still runs (unless you back out to the main tv-server menu and use the context menu to stop timeshifting)
Does your change alter this behaviour in any way?

The problem is I use multiple clients, so normally if I'm downstairs I get no free tuners because the client upstairs is still timeshifting even though the video had been stopped..

toso06

February 8, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello!

I don't know Python (only C#) so the script it hard for me to read but if IsTimeshifting returns true the server plugin won't get the TimeshiftChannel

command from the script.

If I always return false the client sends this sequence when I try to change the channel:
Handling command; IsTimeshifting
Handling command; TimeshiftChannel
PlayChannel result : rtsp://192.168.1.3/stream1.0

If I return true (when timeshifting has started) I get this when I try to change the channel:
Handling command; IsTimeshifting
Handling command; CloseConnection

My change to the rtsp URL was that I just return the server address:

// timeshift a channel and get the stream url
public static String playChannel(int chanId)
{
serverIntf.StopTimeShifting();
string rtspURL = "";

TvResult result = serverIntf.StartTimeShifting(chanId, ref rtspURL); // rtspURL contains a IP address for me

if (result != TvResult.Succeeded)
{
rtspURL = "[ERROR]:" + result.ToString();
}
else
{
// update globals
timeshiftUrl = rtspURL;
timeshiftChannel = chanId;

}

/ Tomas

jez

Portal Member
November 5, 2008
Melbourne
Home Country
toso06:
I haven't had time to look at the source of the script yet, but I'm encountering a problem after viewing TV via XBMC - If I stop the video the timeshift still runs (unless you back out to the main tv-server menu and use the context menu to stop timeshifting)

I think this is due to the way the timeshifting has to work. The plug-in doesn't know when you stop watching a video. This is why there's a "Stop Timeshifting" menu item, so you can do it manually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom