XBMC Python Script (1 Viewer)

hfmls

Portal Member
March 10, 2009
hi, first of all, thank you VERY MUCH FOR THIS WORK.

i have a htpc in living room and a xbox1 in my room, so this awsome guys! i can watch livetv in my room now.

i have a few questions, i would appreciate if u answer please.

i have latest build of XBMC fom day 6 of march i think.
wich is the latest version of TVSERVER i should use?

is this the offical TOPIC? so i can check out the updates?

i can be a beta tester, tell me if you need help please.

THIS IS AWSOME. BTW, is there any DVBVIEWER plugin ? :)

keep up the good work, pls answer.

thank you

santa.clause

Portal Member
February 12, 2009
NorthPole
Home Country
Here is a more clean version of my work (removed unwanted settings and .dsstore files my mac kindly added).

I have to talk to some guys and participate in the svn-repo, so I don't know what the status is or who's workin on this besides myself right now.
The plugin itself isn't that hard to find ( https://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mp-plugins/trunk/plugins/XBMCServer ). I'll check if we can add it to the plugins-section in here as it's still EvilDudes Project, my work is just a minimal unofficial fork to make it work with Atlantis and MP 1.0.

ATM I want to add a guide/plan recording functionality, the py is no problem but I don't know the TVServer-db and c# very well so I first add comments to the vs-project what needs to be done in the svn and then let's see if someone cares (right now i have no time for coding in new environments).

I think there won't be that much more effort after all - this years google summer of code should bring us the unified PVR, then we only need to make the tvserver talk to that one via uni-pvr protocol (and I really hope that is how future MP2 tvclient communicates too).

FYI, I integrated MP into XBMC (start it via homemenu-entry "TV") and I have a xTV-skin for MP, already internally in use. I don't know if I write a guide (no time), and since the xTV-skin gfx is not my work either (just porting) no word if this ever becomes public - just wanted to let you know that you can perfectly use MP as a tvclient from within XBMC/win32. (I'm using MCE-Remote)

Attachments

• XBMC - TVServer.zip
    30.6 KB

EvilDude

Portal Member
February 1, 2008
Home Country
Hey santa.clause,

Seems like I've become too busy to update things again! I'm glad you have a build up for people to use :)

Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be adding anything anytime soon :( I would like to add recording support to, but I have very little motivation these days as I don't use the script personally, no time to watch tv!

If a new thread is created, please post the link here so that I do not miss it :)

Klappe

August 11, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks everyone for the good work. This looks like a really nice script.

But I have a problem :(

Everything woks fine until I klick the desired channel then a pop up says "Loading directory retrived 0 items" and nothing more happens. .. .. . .

Anyone has any ide what the problem is??
It's not a firewall problem.

santa.clause

Portal Member
February 12, 2009
NorthPole
Home Country
if you use a recent svn-build on windows check your xbmc.log, there you should be able to see that dvdplayer connects to the correct rtsp-url and fails - I'm still checking what exactly is causing this behavior and if I can provide a fix, but I really have not that much time ATM. I'll be back.. in a week or so with new info, cheerio

Hey EvilDude, thanks man for the nfo, I try to keep you up2date and will post news in here.
Again thanks for what you've alreay done for us - what's left to do is just minimal in comparison, as you left us a nice codebase to rely on.

Klappe

August 11, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks for the feedback santa.

Im running xbmc on an old xbox. I was hoping to use it together with the tv in my bedroom. It would be really nice to get it working.

I have now also tried xbmc (v8.1) on my laptop and I get the same problem.

Where can I find a compiled recent svn version??

santa.clause

Portal Member
February 12, 2009
NorthPole
Home Country
I just installed a testsystem with ubuntu intrepid, and xbmc 8.10 via their launchpad ppa.
Just dropped the TVServer (the plugin) folder into $HOME/.xbmc/plugins/video/ and it worked out of the box.
On my Vista-box I installed lots of svn-builds, and even when reinstalling xbmc 8.10 this plugin is not working atm (assuming something wrong with userdata, skin or the win32-dvdplayer libs, or something not beeing overwritten by install, maybe even sound-settings or cache related - a broad spectrum)
However, I tested this on a clean windows system as stated before and I had the same result as with a clean linux-install.
I'll check what the reasons for this behavior are, and report back (ca in a week)

If you want builds for xbox you could install vs.net2003 on a xp-box, get hold of a copy of the xbox-sdk and install the the directx-sdk and then simply checkout and build the xbox-branch. For the Linuxport-branch you just do the same for Windows-builds, for Linux you end up with standard configure/make/... (kdevelop may work, but come on), and you use xcode or macports on OSX. For the checkout process you can use free svn-tools available on all platforms.
Prebuilt or binary SVN builds can be obtained for Windows (daily kricker builds, Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire) and xbox (t3ch-builds, T3CH XBMC BINARY RELEASES / DOWNLOADS for XBOX, Latest SVN = 2009-03-04 rev18221 : I AIM TO MISBEHAVE) real easy. On unices I would always build it myself. To see what's chaged between builds use xbmc trac (Timeline ? XBMC ? Trac). These are all basic info's on xbmc, and I am concerned about spamming the mp-forum because all those infos could have been looked on xbmc.org or asked for in their forum - don't get me wrong, I am not unwilling to help but maybe private messaging would be better suited for that in here, I don't know.

I'll be back.

weiterals

Portal Member
June 22, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Sorry this may make me looking stupid

but I have the same problem that was already mentioned before, but didn't understand the solution.
I am runnin mediaportal + Xbmc from a Windows XP Pro HTPC
Mediaportal 1.0 is in C:\Programme...
XBMC Atlantis in D:\Programme...
plugin version from 24.02.
All files plugin files are in the folders like described, in mediaportal Tv working perfectly.
When i start the plugin in XBMC i get a message like : folder being loaded- 0 entrys

can someone help me with that

thx
weiterals

Klappe

August 11, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks santa for the help. I really appreciate it.

I have now tried the XBMCSetup-Rev18798.exe on my vista laptop but I have the same problem. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom