XBMC Xephyr skin portage (5 Viewers)

spuck

Community Skin Designer
April 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Looks very nice! Thanks for doing this. :)

btw.. a bit less drop shadow at the bottom maybe.. that doesn't look so good.

Telstar

Portal Pro
October 18, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
The skin looks really good. I'm gonna try it (on RC2 with latest svn available for it).

Looks great, like the transition after selection (moving to the left). Didn't thought about using images as buttons and cycle through backgrounds. Gonna look through it this week.
Just got home from the hospital after an appendicitis. So I don't got much time to work at the skin. Anyway I'm uploading my progress to a site. I was nearly done with My music, My videos and my weather, but didn't have time for anything else.

http://rapidshare.com/files/65508455/Xephyr.rar.html

I just tried it. I have a problem with the homepage displaying only mytvseries and the background goes to blue in a second. Basic home is blue, but works.
So far the pages that are done (music, videos, pictures), looks GREAT. There are some tweaks needed, like long names overlapping on the scroll buttons, or to the other menu voices, etc.

If you work on the home and support mp-tvseries and mylirics, i'm ready to use this skin :)

superludox

Portal Member
July 4, 2007
Wow! looks great! Very good work. All the excellent work done by M0rt (impressive menus) should be mixed and updated with the promising TMOTW progress (music, videos pages). Keep it up, your work is already beyond my hopes.
Bravo!

phunqe

Portal Pro
April 28, 2007
Lol, I'm seriously in the Twilight Zone... I cannot for all the nerdness in me get it to work.
Well reinstalling some stuff anyway now that I got a FireDTV (yay), so maybe it will succumb to my desires then.

m0rt

Portal Pro
November 29, 2005
Bolton, UK
Home Country
England England
Lol, I'm seriously in the Twilight Zone... I cannot for all the nerdness in me get it to work.
Well reinstalling some stuff anyway now that I got a FireDTV (yay), so maybe it will succumb to my desires then.

lol..... if you try again phunqe, let us know what sort of problems you're having.... maybe we can figure it out. :)

m0rt

dwoodzz

Portal Pro
May 2, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi TSMOTW,

Seems we both saw this thread at the same time. I thought I'd try my hand at skinning too and really liked the look of this one.

Maybe we could work together on this to make it happen quicker?

So far I've only done the home screen but hopefully we can do something and make this skin a reality.

ok.... here's what I've done so far.

You must use basic home screen and you'll probably need quite a powerful computer as the background animations are quite graphics hungry!

I mainly did this for my own use so the chosen buttons on the home screen might not be to everyone's taste.

just unrar the file and copy the xephyr folder to your skin directory... you'll have to rename one of the folders if you've already tried out TSMOTW's.

Download link:
http://www.dayandnightweb.co.uk/mediaportal/Xephyr.rar
WARNING file is 47.6Mb

I'm sure there'll be plenty of bugs in it but let me know what you think.
He very nice.
Can anyone tell me what to copy over from this folder to use this with the work that tsmotw did?
I allready tried copying the Media folder and the basic home xml but there must be something else as well since the My video,Weather and My Music and My pictures dont work the same once I copy just the above files...anyone?

m0rt

Portal Pro
November 29, 2005
Bolton, UK
Home Country
England England
He very nice.
Can anyone tell me what to copy over from this folder to use this with the work that tsmotw did?
I allready tried copying the Media folder and the basic home xml but there must be something else as well since the My video,Weather and My Music and My pictures dont work the same once I copy just the above files...anyone?

I'll upload a rar file today with just the files you need to copy over TSMOTW's existing skin to get my basic homescreen. :)

BTW, does anyone use "My Emulators" much? I was thinking of adding a "Games" button to the menu, I don't use it but thought others might.....

m0rt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom