Xface Skin Version 1.6 ready for download 09.06.2008 (3 Viewers)

Kr^PacMan

November 6, 2008
QuakeNet
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi!

I'm a newbie on MediaPortal. I wish to browse movies by cover (a JPG inside the movie catalog), and i've only seen this with the Xface skin. But when i'm trying, i only get empty movie covers despite having JPG-files with covers inside every catalog.

Any tip for a newbie?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!

I'm a newbie on MediaPortal. I wish to browse movies by cover (a JPG inside the movie catalog), and i've only seen this with the Xface skin. But when i'm trying, i only get empty movie covers despite having JPG-files with covers inside every catalog.

Any tip for a newbie?

Have you named the .jpg's "folder.jpg"? Also, you should look into the plugin "Moving Pictures".
    Emph

Kr^PacMan

November 6, 2008
    QuakeNet
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!

Any tip for a newbie?

Have you named the .jpg's "folder.jpg"? Also, you should look into the plugin "Moving Pictures".
    Emph

Thanks for the reply. I changed the names to "folder.jpg" - and it worked. However, the performance is very low. Its not the fastest computer but it should not be a problem (P4 2.0 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 40GB HD). When i change List-type in the movies-section it takes around 30 seconds to change. And when i try to change movie, it just stands still. The covers are pretty big, is that why MediaPortal almost hangs when using them?

I searched the plugin database for "Moving Pictures" but found no plugin with that name. Also browsed the database but i couldnt find it. Is it on the MediaPortal-site? Will that plugin make my life easier?

Edit: I found out that the pictures are making MP extremly slow. How come? Every move i make takes ages and i cant even hear the harddrive working? Hrm, strange. I found the Moving Pictures plugin and i'm trying to install it atm.

Edit 2: I saw that the harddrive had extremly fragmented harddrives, maybe that's the problem :)

Kr^PacMan

November 6, 2008
    QuakeNet
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

o_nix

Portal Member
    June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hello ... Thank you for the skin XFace...

I have configured SAT TV dvb-s by installing MyPrograms plugin and run it ProgDVB - a third-party application for viewing TV ...

Is it possible to edit the skin xface so that turning the (rotating) when hitting MyTV occurred launch window MyPrograms

Tell me please what files and how to edit ...

Please help ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom