Xface Skin Version 1.6 ready for download 09.06.2008 (3 Viewers)

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Just a quick question, does this skin support MP-Tvseries 1.2 and fanart? I don't think i could live without my fanart... :)

mpfrank

Portal Pro
November 6, 2006
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
I updated my installation to MP 0.2.3.0 RC1 + latest SVN and now it works fine.

Impressing work, Harely!! :D

Does anyone know how to manage the default foreground icon when starting in basichomescreen?
After installing the Xface screen the default icon was TV. While configuring MP I forgot to uncheck a checkbox in MP->Pictures->Folders, so the basichomescreen started with the picture icon in foreground. Unchecking the checkbox in MP configuration for picture folder path did not leed MP to start in basichomescreen with TV icon in foreground.
How can I get the TV icon again as default in foreground when starting basichomescreen?

Another suggestion is to change the scrolling text color (epg information) in TVguide. The scrolling text is nearly unreadable because it is light grey text on grey background (see attached screenshot)

I'll continue testing and will post other bugs if found.

For a 1st beta preview the skin is very well done yet. I hope we can all help to get it perfect.....

Best regards
mpFrank

Attachments

• 15-36-40.jpg
    15-36-40.jpg
    111.6 KB

yatesd

Portal Pro
April 30, 2007
Just a quick question, does this skin support MP-Tvseries 1.2 and fanart? I don't think i could live without my fanart... :)

Bobb25, currently FanArt does not work correctly. It does correctly display the FanArt and everything is usable but the TV Preview window/image in the bottom left then overwrites the Series description.

Not sure if there is anyway around this, because as I mentioned in a FanArt thread the use of this feature imposes certain conditions on the Skinner that I am not sure they would also want to stick to.

I hope something can be done as I love the look of this skin so far but MyTvSeries is my main requirement and I too love the fanart now and am not sure how to merge the two.

DarkWader

Portal Pro
October 3, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
Here is a little modified tvseries.xml that will display fanart correctly (I think)

The preview window will only be visible on the main menu of tvseries.
When in list view, the preview window is invisible.

I have no idea where the custom logos will appear, as I dont use this feature myself.
And I think only dark fanarts will display correctly.

(the original code of this .xml is made by Psycho Reptile for the Replicant/Revision skins, and after my edit its pretty messy.. ) :p
But It should get fanart and basic tvseries functions work, untill we get a better version.

Attachments

• list.JPG
    list.JPG
    156.5 KB
  • menu.JPG
    menu.JPG
    139 KB

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Here is a little modified tvseries.xml that will display fanart correctly (I think)

The preview window will only be visible on the main menu of tvseries.
When in list view, the preview window is invisible.

I have no idea where the custom logos will appear, as I dont use this feature myself.
And I think only dark fanarts will display correctly.

(the original code of this .xml is made by Psycho Reptile for the Replicant/Revision skins, and after my edit its pretty messy.. ) :p
But It should get fanart and basic tvseries functions work, untill we get a better version.

:D Thanks a bunch man! I will give it a bash. Truth be told, my wife will kick my ass if she can't use her My-Tvseries with all its bells and whistles she is used to :) So I will probably stick to one of the skins where it is implemented 100% until this skin has it working as its supposed to :) Still keen to check this skin out though!

madsrh

Portal Pro
July 15, 2006
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Great work! A beautiful face for MP - I really like it. Are there any plans made for a skin version in another color? Maybe some people would feel it is a bit to dark - beautiful, but dark!

esoteradactyl

Portal Member
January 4, 2006
looks like the newest svn breaks some of the animations. both the videos and music sections no longer pop out the thumbnails in filmstrip mode. also ive seen this on some other skins, when in title view, the thumnail covers are no longer in high resolution. they work perfectly in share view though.

psiebe

Portal Pro
March 29, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Any change the skin will support my films (mesfilms) in future too? I really do like the looks of it

Patrick

Stone

Portal Pro
March 11, 2007
Great work! A beautiful face for MP - I really like it. Are there any plans made for a skin version in another color? Maybe some people would feel it is a bit to dark - beautiful, but dark!

I agree: a little bit to dark. Colours like Revision Skin would be great... :D

bug

Portal Member
September 9, 2005
I like the darker skins! In fact I changed the backgrounds on this to remove the light area on the bottom quarter of the display, much better with a matching dark/black fade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom