Xface Skin Version 1.7 for MP 1.0 final relase 22.12.2008 (1 Viewer)

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Harley,

Would be good to know your plans for this skin. In my oppinion it's the best skin out there but it's falling behind a little in terms of plugins ie; Moving Pictures (xface version), TV series (new version supports fan art), etc.

I know you're busy, so will you be continuing to support new plugins with Xface?

Thanks

Yes, will do that definitive. At the moment i´m realy busy with update work of Blue3 for upcomming 1.0.1 MP.
    But after that, i will do the work for xface also.

Greetings harley :)

Omen

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, will do that definitive. At the moment i´m realy busy with update work of Blue3 for upcomming 1.0.1 MP.
    But after that, i will do the work for xface also.

Greetings harley :)

that'll make me so happy :D i've been trying to steal xml's from other skins so i can keep using xface

All the popular plugins are changing so fast at the moment that it's hard to keep up, and since i only copy other peoples xml's I've no idea at all how you skinners manage.

niels37

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Skinxface 1.7

First i have to say it's very good looking skin!! Thanks
    second: I'm new to mediaportal and tried some of the skin here and this the one i want to use :)

I've installed the complete folder xface1.7 into skin ( removed the other skins ...ie copied to "OLD " :) ), I've cleared the cache completely ( also copied to "OLD " and ofcourse placed them elsewhere outside mediaportal folder)

I started upmediaportal with it's beautiful skin.......... Tries to play radio ( i see buttons etc and the right folder is used , where my .asx streams are!) ..no sound!! It's the same for MUSIC ...........no sound. Temporarly i use mouse insted of remote ( thats another story i've have to find out but an .imo file i already have)

My questions are :

What am i doing wrong?
    Do i have to edit some files? If Yes .......how do i do that and with which programm?
    Do i have to change something in configuration?
    Which plugins i have to enable ?

Last : I really want to get the hang of it but i must say it isn't easy at all!! If someone can refer me to a site what tells me how to make or edit skins .........you're welcome!!

Hope someone can get me in the right direction...........cause.........now i'm in the forest ( its a Dutch saying: zie door de bomen het bos niet meer :) ):confused:

gr Niels

niels37

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    resolved for now :)

I de installed all software mediportal AND Imon .
    Installed again Imon first, mediaportal second , skin xface 1.7 ............
    enabled minidisplay driver ( used vfd ???.dll to replace for imon , accpted this run mediaportal , closed it, imon closed, restarted htpc, .................run mediaportal.............. everythings works for now :) even my imonpad ( don't ask my why , cause thats all i did)

I have a lot to learn about skins plugins en xml files etc etc!!

Too bad the "how to's " are difficult to find, but you can't have everything easyy i guess :)

gr Niels

Den70

Portal Member
    February 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I recently started with Mediaportal and one of the great things with MP is the fact that you can install your own skins. I really like dark skins and that is why I installed the Xface 1.7 plugin.

But I have one problem with it: in the standard Video Editor plugin I have no slider bar. Is this a known bug? I really like this skin and I really want to keep it but I also need that slider bar :)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Recordings section is empty with last 1.0.1 based SVNs... Looking forward that update Harley. :) Xface should be main MP skin! I vote for that! :p

bye!

caballero

February 8, 2008
    I've started to skin Moving Pictures for XFace, based on the great Blue3Wide skin by Diggen, but I rarely use it, so I'm giving up on it for now. Someone else think it's worth it, feel free to continue. :D Harley himself, perhaps?

List view is working:
    QetSGVwCO.jpg

Details needs some polishing perhaps:
    lCwRwlFGC.jpg

The rest of the views aren't completely done yet. So if you only use list view (like me) this is a pretty good start to get that XFace look for this great plugin.

Emph

::eek::D:D:D.

fantastic.

How can I install this plugning ... skin... ?¿?¿?

Fanart. :D

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    How can I install this plugning ... skin... ?¿?¿?

Fanart. :D

Go to the plugins part of the forum and into Moving Pictures. Download the latest version 7.2 and install it. Set it up in the Configuration (your movie folders) and it will scan your movies and download FanArt, (for those movies that have it online) posters and movie info. For more info about Moving Pictures, read the readme after installation.

Download the .zip-file I did in the thread you quoted and extract it into your XFace folder (making sure the .xml is in the XFace and the media files are in the Media folder).

Delete your cache files for XFace from (win XP):
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache

For Vista I'm not really sure but should be:
    C:\Users\Default\AppData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache

Good luck!
    Emph

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just to help out...