XFace Version 1.8 ready for Download 29.04.2009 (2 Viewers)

rvanmoorsel

Portal Member
September 5, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Harley,

I REALLY dig the Xface Skin!!!!! Thanks for the great work.
Maybe the wrong thread, but how can I change the default 'My Videos' to 'Moving Pictures' like emphatic states in his post? I don't mind if I have to do it manually, if I only know how to do it!!

Thanks again and keep it up!!!

ronsonol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2007
    Kingston
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    To make the video icon open Moving pictures;
    backup bacishome.xml just in case...
    open basichome.xml file in wordpad
    search and replace
    find <hyperlink>6</hyperlink> replace with <hyperlink>96742</hyperlink>

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for a great skin

I have couple of small problems:

Tv-Series
    ---------
    1. All my Logo ruled was wiped out when installing X-face 1.8, and replaced with new rules pointing to Monochrome skin ???
    2. List Posters Layout, Up/down buttons is to far up and to the right.

Moving Pictures
    ---------------
    1. List view Movies aren't marked (colored) if the are watched
    2. Filmstrip view up button is off screen.

Keep up the good work

/Jimmy

rvanmoorsel

Portal Member
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks ronsonol!:D

It works like a charm. Changing <hyperlink>96742</hyperlink> under "Video submenu 3" to <hyperlink>6</hyperlink> and adjusting it's name allows me to still access the original 'My Video's'.
    Making this possible from the Xface installer, indeed is a very good idea!!

Thanks a lot for the help.

Rene

Thank you for the new version of this wonderfull skin!

One question: How can I get the weather information on the Home Screen like in the pictures in the first post? I have not found any options for that.

Regards
    grrfield

The skin is ready for it, you must only use the rss plugin from mp plugins page and load them. Then you must set your city in the weatherplugin in configuration of mp.

see here : rss Plugin

Harley

Hi Harley (or anyone else...),

I did everything you said to make weather in the home screen work. Somehow it just won't work. I installed rss ticker, enabled it, clicked config and then checked all the boxes (no feed). I Also added my city in the general MP config. In MP under plugins weather works, but on the basic home screen I can't see it. Then I deleted the "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache\Xface" folder, started MP again, but no weather.
    Any ideas anyone??

Thanks

ronsonol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2007
    Kingston
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for a great skin

I have couple of small problems:

Tv-Series
    ---------
    1. All my Logo ruled was wiped out when installing X-face 1.8, and replaced with new rules pointing to Monochrome skin ???
    2. List Posters Layout, Up/down buttons is to far up and to the right.

Moving Pictures
    ---------------
    1. List view Movies aren't marked (colored) if the are watched
    2. Filmstrip view up button is off screen.

Keep up the good work

/Jimmy

To fix the page up/down buttons, open tvseries.xml and look for <description>Textlist (series and/or seasons if set and Episodes)</description> way near the bottom, edit spinpos, i choose
    <spinPosX>1248</spinPosX>
    <spinPosY>720</spinPosY>

To fix tvlogo rules, edit TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml and search replace monochrome-->xface.

Hi Harley (or anyone else...),

I did everything you said to make weather in the home screen work. Somehow it just won't work. I installed rss ticker, enabled it, clicked config and then checked all the boxes (no feed). I Also added my city in the general MP config. In MP under plugins weather works, but on the basic home screen I can't see it. Then I deleted the "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache\Xface" folder, started MP again, but no weather.
    Any ideas anyone??

Thanks

My first attempt didn't work either, I had MP working with weather...make sure it works...open the weather skin page.

In rss ricker config, make sure weather enabled is checked, and set a refresh interval.

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Harley you absolute Hero you, thnx for all the great work. and Xface remains the best multimedia experience ever!

grrfield

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Harley,

weather on Home Screen is working now for me!

grrfield

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

because 1.0.1 crashes with my system, I still have to use MP 1.0 svn-02-28-2009--00-07-Rev21813 .

I installed Xface 1.8 (because of new MovingPictures features) and it seems to work fine, but get the "outdated" message with starting MP. Is it possible to block this or what do I have to change, that MP thinks this skin is a 1.0 ?

• What about shoutcast plugin support? I found an old thread with skin files, but it seems the link is broken :(
    • I disabled the "topbar" Plugin and with Blue3wide it isn't displayed. But within Xface the topbar is still displayed. :confused:

Attachments

• 2009-05-02_103730.jpg
      2009-05-02_103730.jpg
      14.1 KB

spaceyoyo

Portal Member
    December 3, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    The Vu Meters don´t work here. They do nothing. I´m using AC97 Sound with SP-DIF Output.

Same issue for me, Vu Meters don't move. FYI I use ASIO

Thanks for the new version of this great skin :)

I would like to make a suggestion : It will be great if there is a link between now playing screen and mylyrics plugin....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom