XMLTV file not importing to database automatically (1 Viewer)

Andrusha777

Portal Pro
December 3, 2009
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 RC
MediaPortal Skin: Default Wide
Windows Version: Win 7 x64 Pro
CPU Type: Core Duo E6300
HDD: Seagate 500GB & WD 2TB
Memory: 4GB DDR-2 800
Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-AM EPU
Video Card: Geforce GTX460SE
Video Card Driver: 270.61
Sound Card: SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI-E
Sound Card AC3: SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI-E
Sound Card Driver: latest
1. TV Card: IPTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-IP
1. TV Card Driver: IPTV
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: FFDSHOW
MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDSHOW
h.264 Video Codec: FFDSHOW
Satelite/CableTV Provider: WebPlus IPTV
HTPC Case: Asus mini-atx
Cooling: Box cooling
Power Supply: ATX 250W
Remote: Asus PC-RC01-D
TV: Samsung 37" Full HD
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI-HDMI
Hi all! For some time I have troubles with xmltv plugin in TV Server. I use XMLTV file from here http://www.teleguide.info/download/new3/tvguide.zip
In xmltv config i have set the time to get this file - it's ok, every day it downloads to a specific folder, but import into database do not starts automatically! But when i manually press the "Import" button in Force import section, it works!
Here are tv.log and tvguide.zip

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Andrusha777

I hope you are well :)
    Have you ticked "import new tvguide.xml" on the "general" tab?

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Could both of you provide full logs please - use the watchdog with option 3 - so that I at least get your tv.log and TV Server error.log. I've had this function working in the past. The issue could be that the file attributes are not set as expected. The automation relies on the file's modification date to work out whether to import it. Since you're using a zip file source it may have problems...

mm

Andrusha777

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi mm1352000! Here are all full logs, wich watchdog can collect.
    About zip file - after downloading, it extracts normally automatically, for example tv server has downloaded tvguide.zip yesterday and has extracted file from zip archive into the same directory, in directory is exactly file from archive. Here are xmltv.zip file - it contains xmltv folder from TV Server folder.

Attachments

• xmltv.zip
      2.4 MB

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    You have an invalid tvguide.lst in your xmltv folder and you have enabled the option to use tvguide.lst. This cause xmltv inporter to fail.
    This is the error from your logs:
    Code:
    2011-09-24 21:26:39.635980 [(4)]: plugin:xmltv StartImport - File [C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv\channel=1] doesn't have read access : Файл "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv\channel=1" не найден.
    "channel=1" is the first line in tvguide.lst and obviously there is no such file in the xmltv folder. tvguide.lst should contain the filenames of the xmltv files you want imported (in the case you have more than one)

Andrusha777

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2009
    Home Country
    You have an invalid tvguide.lst in your xmltv folder and you have enabled the option to use tvguide.lst. This cause xmltv inporter to fail.
    Code:
    2011-09-24 21:26:39.635980 [(4)]: plugin:xmltv StartImport - File [C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv\channel=1] doesn't have read access : Файл "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv\channel=1" не найден.
    "channel=1" is the first line in tvguide.lst and obviously there is no such file in the xmltv folder. tvguide.lst should contain the filenames of the xmltv files you want imported (in the case you have more than one)

If so, why manually importing of xmltv file working good without any issues? When I press Import button in tv server config manually it works perfect without any errors! What it might be then?

It seem's that i have corrected this issue on my system. I have created new empty tvguide.lst file, so import starts automatically now...
    Before that i thought that tvguide.lst contains information about channels mappings, but now i see that i was wrong, so thanks a lot for helping me!

Dannyboyni

Portal Member
    August 21, 2011
    Code:

If so, why manually importing of xmltv file working good without any issues? When I press Import button in tv server config manually it works perfect without any errors! What it might be then?

It seem's that i have corrected this issue on my system. I have created new empty tvguide.lst file, so import starts automatically now...
    Before that i thought that tvguide.lst contains information about channels mappings, but now i see that i was wrong, so thanks a lot for helping me!

I am still having problems for it to auto import, just to check with you.

Are you ticking the box in xmltv configurate for "import files in new tvguide.lst"

Did you create a new tvguide.lst file and have left it blank inside?

Are you moving your xml data into C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv via the EPG Centre settings?

PS. I am using xmltv version 1.0.0.0

Many thanks.

Andrusha777

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Dannyboyni, yes, the box in xmltv configurate for "import files in new tvguide.lst" is checked.
    Did you create a new tvguide.lst file and have left it blank inside?
    - Yes, that's right.
    Are you moving your xml data into C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv via the EPG Centre settings?
    - Absolutely right, file in that place.
    But i always get file from teleguide.info in zip archive, i can set it in xmltv plugin in tvserver config. Don't know exactly about xmltv version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom