XMLTV file not importing to database automatically (1 Viewer)

Dannyboyni

Portal Member
August 21, 2011
Thanks for confirming my settings are correct Andrusha. But its still not loading however i might know whats wrong, could you confirm please.

When I go to mappings the group option is blank, so I select that drop down and select All channels group. I click load/refresh button, and its showing my channels with the guide channels correctly. So that must be getting that from the TVguide.xml. I save that and open media portal, still no guide :(.

Is it because the mappings is not showing all channels group as default, i.e. I must always drop down the list to select all channels.

If you have no idea I will just post logs too see if the developer can help.

Hmm I just went into Manual Control in TV Server Configuration, and I stopped the service, then I started it again, and that seemed to import the tvguide.

So does this mean I must stop and start the tv server each night that I import the TV guide?

Im so close after so many setbacks to getting tv fully working, I would use on the record but must wait for new release to get BBC HD and BBC One hd working.

Seems stopping and starting the service again fixed my problem, yay for now!

Andrusha777

Portal Pro
December 3, 2009
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Dannyboyni, may be U have trouble with setting time to import new tvguide? As i mentioned, after new xml file was pasted into directory, it is about several minutes might pass, before tv guide will appear in MP.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Just a few notes you might find helpful:

• If you do not have multiple xmltv sources, you do not need tvguide.lst file and you should not enable importing from tvguide.lst.
    • xmltv import plugin starts a new import every time the tvguide.xml file's modified time changes. If your grabber progressively writes to the file, you should configure the grabber to write the file to some other directory then move the file to tvserver's xmltv directory.
    • if you enable/disable a tvserver plugin you have to restart tvserver for the changes to take effect (probably this is why restarting tvserver fixed your issue).

LunaPark

October 23, 2007
    I just downloaded Mediapotal.
    My channels are working, but where and how do I link my channels to my xmltv file with EPG ?

Its impossible to find in search section and help section , what to do ??

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome LunaPark

Please look in the wiki for questions like this. For XMLTV, look -->here<--.

mm

stefanbaar

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Holstebro
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I am having trouble to get the tv server to import the tvguide.xml automatic.
    I can import manual with the import button without problems.
    I have configured my grabber to download epg every day at 1200 and it makes a new tvguide.xml file (and changing the modified date)
    If I stop and start tvservice it imports automatic. But only one time. After that I have to stop and start the service again to import (a new tvguide.xml) automatic again.
    This problem is new to me because i recently build a tvserver that runs 24/7. Before that my old server went into standby when I did not use it and restarted tvservice on resume. And with the old server I never experienced the problem.
    So i think that there must be a problem with automatic xmltv import when running 24/7.

Can anyone confirm?

I am running 1.2.1 with a dedicated tv server.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I am having trouble to get the tv server to import the tvguide.xml automatic.
    I can import manual with the import button without problems.
    I have configured my grabber to download epg every day at 1200 and it makes a new tvguide.xml file (and changing the modified date)
    If I stop and start tvservice it imports automatic. But only one time. After that I have to stop and start the service again to import (a new tvguide.xml) automatic again.
    This problem is new to me because i recently build a tvserver that runs 24/7. Before that my old server went into standby when I did not use it and restarted tvservice on resume. And with the old server I never experienced the problem.
    So i think that there must be a problem with automatic xmltv import when running 24/7.

Can anyone confirm?

I am running 1.2.1 with a dedicated tv server.

Does your logs from TV-Server show anything about the XMl-import?

stefanbaar

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Holstebro
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Sorry:oops:

But after reading my error log I found:

2011-10-25 20:32:35.360013 [(17)]: plugin:xmltv StartImport - File [D:\epg\tvguide.lst] doesn't have read access : Filen 'D:\epg\tvguide.lst' blev ikke fundet.

And obvious the "Import files in new tvguide.lst" was checked.
    I unchecked it and it imported right away.

My fault. Sorry

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    No problem. Just glad you sorted it out :)

Beast

Portal Member
    April 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

I have the same problem. I use WebGrab++ to grab the epg, this works fine. The XML file is updated fine and the timestamp changed.
    But XMLTV will not automatical update the changes in the EPG. If I press the manual import button it works fine.
    There is no error in the log. The tvguide.lst option is not markted.

Does anyone has an idea what to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom