Xmltv set big hassle for a newb | Page 2

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Anonymous, July 7, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: xmltv tv_grab_na_dd failing

Hi Tim,

The password warning is simply that, just a warning, that anyone could open your conf file and find out your password. But the account is actually free for the asking, so anyone could have it, go figure!

The invalid token error I have received on occassion. The information downloaded seems either to be corrupt, or has bad info in it. Not uncommon for this service from time to time [zap2it].

Hi Ashtree - thanks for the info....hope this helps you Fez

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow
    Im downloading data is i type using the conf ashtree put up nice one.Just one more ? it says from time to time id**** not found what this a channel it could not find?
    I must say as a MCE user i was finding this a bit dull but now im over this obstical im enjoying using Portal.
    Thanks guys
    Fez

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good to hear,
    the ID thing may be do to occassional inconsistences in the data, and the parser is not able to understand it, throws it away, and continues. Check your TVGuide in MP and see if it is okay. Sometimes, setting a shorter capture period, i.e. 1 day instead of 7 or 14 may help you narrow the error down.
    Good luck and happy 'portaling ....

5. Ashtree

Ashtree Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Fez - glad to see you are making progress. The channel list may have changed so a few of the channel id's could be wrong. You should check the TV guide to see if amy of the channels in your conf file are missing.

I am currently working on a scheduler to hopefully make the downloading of the guide data easier. This is my 1st attempt at c# so it has taken some time, i'm currently testing it, and it seems to work OK (at least from the Visual Studio IDE, I can't seem to get it to work as an exe at the moment but I'm sure I can figure this out with Frodo's help)
    Hopefully i can submit it in a few days.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice id be keen to have a look at that when its finished.
    thanks for your helps lads
    i think the rest of portal is fairly simply to use but boy that XMLTV lost me sleep :D
    Thanks
    Fez

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Finally! I thread that makes sense in setting up XMLTV!
    After hours of tearing my hair out I finally got my TV guide working for the UK listings!

Once I've tidyed up the whole thing I'll post it here as a complete zip file, all you would then need to do is point media portal to the tvguide.xml file and run the batch file I've created using windows scheduler!

One thing I have noticed however, is that the Sky movies settings are incorrect. Cant get any information from www.radiotimes.com, where the listings are retrieved from, so does anyone have the correct settings for the Sky movie channels??

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Folks,
    I'm stumped at #3. I, too, am a newbie. How does one creat a batch file? I went fine through #2, exited, and now I'm not sure what to do.

Any help?
    Steve

9. MrMario64
    • Premium Supporter

MrMario64 Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    a batch file is a simple text file with the extension .bat instead of .txt.

So, rightclick in explorer
    New
    text document
    THen you can call it update.bat
    Open it in notepad and insert the line thats talked about in #3 in this file.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, but I'm afraid I still don't get it. After I've created the update.bat as you suggest above and I have inserted the text from #3 what do I save it as for it to do anything?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mario --
    I think I'm getting closer. I saved the update.bat into my c:\program files\ directory. How, then, do I open that in my xmltv? right now on the command screen I have -- c:\program files\xmltv-0.5.34-win32 [prompt]

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!