Xmltv set big hassle for a newb (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Re: xmltv tv_grab_na_dd failing

tharvey said:
I'm getting an error after install & configure:
--------------------
C:\XMLTV>xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 7 --output tvguide.xml
Timezone is -0700
adding '--share=C:/XMLTV/share/xmltv'
using config filename ./.xmltv/tv_grab_na_dd.conf

**WARNING** Password in config file, protect as required

Fetching from DataDirect
Fetched 8389 k/bytes in 121 seconds
loading data: ##################################################
Writing schedule:
not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1692, column 41, byte 155260 at /PerlApp
/XML/Parser.pm line 187

C:\XMLTV>
---------------

anyone know what this is about? I know I've configured it correctly with my Zap2It account and password (it retrieved the channel listings on configure).

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim,

The password warning is simply that, just a warning, that anyone could open your conf file and find out your password. But the account is actually free for the asking, so anyone could have it, go figure!

The invalid token error I have received on occassion. The information downloaded seems either to be corrupt, or has bad info in it. Not uncommon for this service from time to time [zap2it].

Hi Ashtree - thanks for the info....hope this helps you Fez

A

Anonymous

Wow
Im downloading data is i type using the conf ashtree put up nice one.Just one more ? it says from time to time id**** not found what this a channel it could not find?
I must say as a MCE user i was finding this a bit dull but now im over this obstical im enjoying using Portal.
Thanks guys
Fez

A

Anonymous

Good to hear,
the ID thing may be do to occassional inconsistences in the data, and the parser is not able to understand it, throws it away, and continues. Check your TVGuide in MP and see if it is okay. Sometimes, setting a shorter capture period, i.e. 1 day instead of 7 or 14 may help you narrow the error down.
Good luck and happy 'portaling ....

Ashtree

Portal Member
April 22, 2004
Reading, England
Fez - glad to see you are making progress. The channel list may have changed so a few of the channel id's could be wrong. You should check the TV guide to see if amy of the channels in your conf file are missing.

I am currently working on a scheduler to hopefully make the downloading of the guide data easier. This is my 1st attempt at c# so it has taken some time, i'm currently testing it, and it seems to work OK (at least from the Visual Studio IDE, I can't seem to get it to work as an exe at the moment but I'm sure I can figure this out with Frodo's help)
Hopefully i can submit it in a few days.

A

Anonymous

am currently working on a scheduler to hopefully make the downloading of the guide data easier
Nice id be keen to have a look at that when its finished.
thanks for your helps lads
i think the rest of portal is fairly simply to use but boy that XMLTV lost me sleep :D
Thanks
Fez

A

Anonymous

Finally! I thread that makes sense in setting up XMLTV!
After hours of tearing my hair out I finally got my TV guide working for the UK listings!

Once I've tidyed up the whole thing I'll post it here as a complete zip file, all you would then need to do is point media portal to the tvguide.xml file and run the batch file I've created using windows scheduler!

One thing I have noticed however, is that the Sky movies settings are incorrect. Cant get any information from www.radiotimes.com, where the listings are retrieved from, so does anyone have the correct settings for the Sky movie channels??

A

Anonymous

Fez said:
Hi
i just first like to say hi and thanks for what looks like a nice program.

I have been trying to get XMLTV going following this guide by larry

How to localize the TV schedule:

Find and download the XMLTV-0.5.32-win32 program from:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=39046

1.Install XMLTV into a default directory, ie. C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MyXmltv

2.To configure, run:
xmltv.exe tv_grab_[your specific zone] --configure [see XMLTV docs]
Set your time zone, user id, password, and desired TV Listings, as per your zap2it.com account [see docs supplied with xmltv for a perferred certificate and visit labs.zap2it.com to sign up].

3.Create an update batch file, update.bat, and insert the following using plain text and appropriate spacing.
xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 7 --output tvguide.xml

4.From a command prompt in the XMLTV directory, run update.bat and watch for errors. Rerun configuration above, if settings need to be changed/adjusted to match your listings. This example provides 7 days of listings for Canada & US according to your channel selection.

5.Delete the TVDatabasev3.db file from:
C:\Program Files\Team XBMC\MediaPortal\database

6. Configure MedialPortal settings MyTVGuide XMLTV directory to the above default directory.

7.Start MediaPortal, goto to My TV>Schedule and refresh the guide [F3].

Well i get to step 2 and loose the plot i type in to the run box
xmltv.exe tv_grab_uk then hit ok win xp tells me it can not find it.

Sorry but ive spent hours trying diff thing with no luck i guess im just thick :D
Can you help please.
Thanks
Fez

Folks,
I'm stumped at #3. I, too, am a newbie. How does one creat a batch file? I went fine through #2, exited, and now I'm not sure what to do.

Any help?
Steve

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    a batch file is a simple text file with the extension .bat instead of .txt.

So, rightclick in explorer
    New
    text document
    THen you can call it update.bat
    Open it in notepad and insert the line thats talked about in #3 in this file.

A

Anonymous

MrMario64 said:

New
    text document

Thanks, but I'm afraid I still don't get it. After I've created the update.bat as you suggest above and I have inserted the text from #3 what do I save it as for it to do anything?

A

Anonymous

revdal said:
    MrMario64 said:

New
    text document

Thanks, but I'm afraid I still don't get it. After I've created the update.bat as you suggest above and I have inserted the text from #3 what do I save it as for it to do anything?

mario --
    I think I'm getting closer. I saved the update.bat into my c:\program files\ directory. How, then, do I open that in my xmltv? right now on the command screen I have -- c:\program files\xmltv-0.5.34-win32 [prompt]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom