XMLTV time zone setting non functional (1 Viewer)

ronald2oo2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2005
    Netherlands
    Hi

The XMLTV "time zone" setting in TVserver setup has no influence on the program guide offset. Regardless of which "time zone" is set I have a +2hour offset in the program guide. I just notice another Dutch reporting the same +2hour offset .
    My tvguide.xml gives the correct local/Dutch times.

Is it possible that the time zone is fixed GMT???? (regardless of settings)

I am running svn--04-29-2007--01-03-Rev14446 & tvengine3-04-29-2007--01-22h--Rev14447

At this moment I have set my PC clock 2 hours ahead to be able to record some things. The upside: yesterday I went to bed early thinking it was 2 o'clock :)

Cheers,
    Ronald

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

can confirm this running in multi seat config with latest SVN's (SVN Build 14469) on both server / client and plugin.
    Tvguide.xml (produced by WebEPG) has correct date and time setting (always worked correct with integrated tvengin 0.2). When viewing TV guide I have an offset of +2 hours, not able to correct this with the compensation fields in the XMLTV plugin of the TV server. When connecting via ODBC to the database the date/time fields of the 'recording' table also have this +2 hours offset (regardless of connecting via ODBC with or without regional setting.)

kind regards,
    Ruud.

ronald2oo2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2005
    Netherlands
    Hi Rhys. Goodwin

Just checking my GMT theory, do you by any change have a 12hour offset ?

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    na I'm using a -8:00 for mine. I havn't done any trouble shooting yet. I'm running an older working tvserver now since i really needed it running.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I got this with one of the newer SVN's (around Sunday).

The MXL I use for TV guide normally has the correct offset.
    After the SVN, all was ok, it didn't show until a new TV guide was imported (I accidentally let the old one run out of data and my auto download failed).

The new guide was ten hours out. Melbourne has a GMT offset of -10 hrs.
    In MP my setting is "Apply timezone correction" with an offset of 00:00, since the time zone is adjusted by the site I download from.
    Strangely, removing the tick from "Apply Timezone Correction" fixed the issue for me (after a clear and re-import of course).

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cool, but I'm sure this isn't a major bug and could be fixed eaisly (by the right person!) For thoes who are running a build with the problem have you tried the following:
    1.Clear the tick and the offset hours and mins to disable the time offset.
    2.Stop the TVService
    3.click "ok" on SetupTV
    4.Restart the TVsevice and SetupTV
    5.Put the tick back and the correct offet hours and mins.
    6.refresh epg

ronald2oo2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2005
    Netherlands
    Rhys, are you saying this helps for you??
    I have tried with at least a dozen settings, ticks or no ticks and the same amount MP and/or PC reboots. For me nothing changed the 2hour offset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom