Xpert DTV card not working - help needed (1 Viewer)

kitco

November 12, 2005
I have a V-Stream Xpert DTV, which I understand is supported by Media Portal, but I have no idea how to use it. It doesn't seem to show up in the setup wizard. Can anyone help?
Thanks

NormM

August 21, 2005
Okay, you're corrected. I've had this card running smoothly for a couple of months now. Just a few problems which are more related to MP itself then the card.

I'm using the drivers that came with the card because HIP (remote control app) doesn't yet support the new drivers.

The only thing is I had to add my card to the CaptureCardsDefinition.xml file. I'm at work so don't have access to the file now, but I actualy found the answer on this site. Do a search.

Apparently installing the older drivers over the newer ones (without overwritting any newer files), lets you use the remote using HIP but since my setup is working fine, I "aint touching what isn't broke".

Maybe when .2 finally appears I'll update the drivers and hope HIP gets a plugin for the new drivers as well.

Dordo

Portal Pro
December 3, 2004
Im very glad to hear that then, its good news for all involved. I am using the latest drivers and the card does work (all features) just not consistantly or really anything even resembling consistantly. Perhaps most of this can be attributed to bugs, should this all get cleared up by the time we see the stability release this will no doubt be a good quality and cheap card making MP much more affordable (hardware) to alot of people out there. All those with this card I urge you to become involved in the bug testing process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 HP TV Tuner DE
You need to setup the TV tuner in "TV Server Configuration". There should be a shortcut on the Windows desktop. The primary action is to "scan for channels", but obviously there are other things to setup too (such as the folder to use for recordings). MediaPortal should be able to use your tuner provided that the tuner has a BDA...
You need to setup the TV tuner in "TV Server Configuration". There should be a shortcut on the Windows desktop. The primary action...
New to Media Portal. I have it installed and working with the remote but cannot figure out how to get the tv tuner to work. I'm...
Replies
Views
If I understand correctly, your device is combination of DVB-C tuner, router and some web access to play the channels in PC web browser. You can sniff http comunication with the help of Wireshark or Fiddler to determine channel url which can be used to create IPTV channel in TV server. If the url is not static(changes dynamically)...
If I understand correctly, your device is combination of DVB-C tuner, router and some web access to play the channels in PC web...
So, I appear to have done a successful install of Media Portal (MP2 vers. 2.5) on my Windows 10 machine but I can't get it to get...
Replies
Views
I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
Replies
Views
Sorry to disappoint you but Media Portal only offers recording and scheduled recording for TV broadcast over SAT, Cable or OTA. It does support viewing of some streamed content, Netflix and Amazon Prime I believe and a host of free content dependant on your location, e.g. BBC in the UK and German Channels in Germany via the Online...
Sorry to disappoint you but Media Portal only offers recording and scheduled recording for TV broadcast over SAT, Cable or OTA. It...
Please help, I will donate. So much info out there and get into the weeds. CURRENT CONFIG: I have an Older UnSmart TV (RCA-Great...
Replies
Views
I guess from this, that the mapping steps basically work. Please try to map some of the keys you mention to be not working and upload the log files afterwards. Maybe @Brownard can see something and a solution can be found. Please open a thread in the OnlineVideo section for this, we should not mix 2 topics in one thread.
I guess from this, that the mapping steps basically work. Please try to map some of the keys you mention to be not working and...
I am having trouble to make my remote control work correctly on MP2. Having upgraded from MP1 to MP2 where the remote using the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom