Xpert DTV card not working - help needed (1 Viewer)

kitco

November 12, 2005
I have a V-Stream Xpert DTV, which I understand is supported by Media Portal, but I have no idea how to use it. It doesn't seem to show up in the setup wizard. Can anyone help?
Thanks

NormM

August 21, 2005
Okay, you're corrected. I've had this card running smoothly for a couple of months now. Just a few problems which are more related to MP itself then the card.

I'm using the drivers that came with the card because HIP (remote control app) doesn't yet support the new drivers.

The only thing is I had to add my card to the CaptureCardsDefinition.xml file. I'm at work so don't have access to the file now, but I actualy found the answer on this site. Do a search.

Apparently installing the older drivers over the newer ones (without overwritting any newer files), lets you use the remote using HIP but since my setup is working fine, I "aint touching what isn't broke".

Maybe when .2 finally appears I'll update the drivers and hope HIP gets a plugin for the new drivers as well.

Dordo

Portal Pro
December 3, 2004
Im very glad to hear that then, its good news for all involved. I am using the latest drivers and the card does work (all features) just not consistantly or really anything even resembling consistantly. Perhaps most of this can be attributed to bugs, should this all get cleared up by the time we see the stability release this will no doubt be a good quality and cheap card making MP much more affordable (hardware) to alot of people out there. All those with this card I urge you to become involved in the bug testing process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Sorry to disappoint you but Media Portal only offers recording and scheduled recording for TV broadcast over SAT, Cable or OTA. It does support viewing of some streamed content, Netflix and Amazon Prime I believe and a host of free content dependant on your location, e.g. BBC in the UK and German Channels in Germany via the Online...
Sorry to disappoint you but Media Portal only offers recording and scheduled recording for TV broadcast over SAT, Cable or OTA. It...
Please help, I will donate. So much info out there and get into the weeds. CURRENT CONFIG: I have an Older UnSmart TV (RCA-Great...
Replies
Views
I recently installed 2.4.1. Can anyone tell me why my IE remote does not show up under Input Devices (I show only "WiFi Remote," which I do not have)? Device Manager lists Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver as working. I find the MP2 documentation quite confusing as to whether a plugin is needed or whether MP2 is supposed to work...
I recently installed 2.4.1. Can anyone tell me why my IE remote does not show up under Input Devices (I show only "WiFi Remote,"...
I recently installed 2.4.1. Can anyone tell me why my IE remote does not show up under Input Devices (I show only "WiFi Remote,"...
Replies
Views
that is absolutely not my impression, I think I reboot my htpc max a couple of times a year, usually (wild guess) when directx derails (symptoms are: frozen image, or sound only at video playback) Mind you, it's MP client only, no tvservice, and mp shutdown before sleep (and ofcourse start again at wake) Edit: leaving MP running...
that is absolutely not my impression, I think I reboot my htpc max a couple of times a year, usually (wild guess) when directx...
Hello my media portal doesn't start anymore, it was working fine yesterday but impossible to start now. The last time I shutdown...
Replies
Views
Hello, i'm absent from MP forum since a while now, looking your logs, your video is 23.96Hz, but your screen is already in 25hz, and after try to enable 50Hz ? So, MP detecte 23 hz and want to switch TV to 25 hz, but can't and MP want switch to 50hz try to start change frequency before MP Start, on windows parameter. i remember...
Hello, i'm absent from MP forum since a while now, looking your logs, your video is 23.96Hz, but your screen is already in 25hz...
After finally managing to get DRR working on my Intel Integrated Graphics 630 based setup, which was down to the default ON setting...
Replies
Views
Yes, that’s planned. The new installer (completely reworked with new GUI) is basically ready, but the alternative TV plugins are not fully finalized. After that you’ll be able to select a TV engine within the installer :)
Yes, that’s planned. The new installer (completely reworked with new GUI) is basically ready, but the alternative TV plugins are...
I have spent the last few weeks with TVHeadend, TVMosaic and NextPVR on Mac, WIndows and Linux platforms where available. Only...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom