[solved] Yellow Subtitle button on remote - Initial press works, subsequent presses don't (1 Viewer)

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Perth - Western Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks @CyberSimian

This will have to be a quick response. Spent too much time up late on work nights fiddling with MediaPortal stuff this week. Makes it hard to get out of bed to get to work in the morning :)

Interesting about the Inteset / One-for-All / JP1 thing. I had no idea. I also have a One-for-All around here somewhere. Funny, I often wondered if the socket in the battery compartment of the INT-422 was of any use - Now I know.

It's been a while since I looked at any of the codes for the Inteset. Now that I have done so again, I realise that I've actually got two different models here. The first release was just INT-422. I have a few of these. I've just unpacked one of my new ones and it's an INT-422-3. There are -1 & -2 models as well. The codes for all of them vary slightly according to the web site Inteset Universal Remote Control Device Code Lookup and various doco that I have. But what I've also found is that some of the doco is incorrect and contradictory. e.g. The INT-422-3 comes pre-configured with what they call "MCE" (Code 21972) on Program "C", which works well enough with MediaPortal, yet Code 21972 is not mentioned anywhere on their web site under the "Video Game - Computer - Streamer" section. This section lists Codes 02049 & 04000 under "Microsoft" and also under "Media Center & Kodi", but neither of these codes works with MediaPortal? Even more curious is that even though code 21972 is pre-configured on Program "C", I cannot successfully enter this code into any of the Program buttons?

Then we have code 01272 (Like the one you suggested) listed on the web site against Xbox One and Sony, but NOT against Microsoft or Media Center, and yet when I program it in, as you suggested, it works perfectly with MediaPortal. So, I think Inteset needs to work on their setup and documentation. But of course one can't really ask a lot of them as the remotes are dirt cheap :)

Anyway, I tried training the yellow button on the brand new INT-422-3 from my original MCE RC6 and I still have the toggle problem. I'm not a particularly technical person, but I get what you are saying about the toggle bug with some of these remotes. But I still come back to this - The yellow button on all my INT-422 remotes was working/toggling subtitles PERFECTLY until something changed. I know that @Stéphane Lenclud thinks I'm deluded :), but it was bloodywell working, for years!! Then something changed.

Anyway, I said I was going to keep this short, so much for that :) You mentioned that "There is a registry setting that can disable Windows debounce processing". Could you possibly give me that setting? I'd like to try it.

Once again, many, many thanks to you and all the Team MediaPortal crew that have responded to my issues. As always you guys offer great support and it is much appreciated. Time for another donation me thinks :)

Cheers,
    Steve.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is the Yellow button not working with the proper MCE INT-422 profile? Do you have to teach it the IR signal?

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    No, yellow button not working as "Subtitle" on the INT-422 with the two codes that work with MediaPortal (01272 & 21972). It performs some other function related to TV Channel Changing (Same function for both codes). So yes, I still have to train it.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I still have the toggle problem
    I mentioned this for completeness, but your problem is probably not the toggle-flag problem.

But I still come back to this - The yellow button on all my INT-422 remotes was working/toggling subtitles PERFECTLY until something changed.
    If the YELLOW button was working correctly previously, and you have not changed the remote (different code or learning), I agree that it would seem to be something in MP 1.16 that is different from 1.15. :eek:

Are you aware that you can customise the actions of the remote's buttons in "MP Config"? It is possible that the action of the YELLOW button on the TV panels has a different definition in MP 1.16. Start "MP Config", click "Remotes" (left side menu), then on the tab that is active click "Mapping".

You mentioned that "There is a registry setting that can disable Windows debounce processing". Could you possibly give me that setting?
    I have attached a zip file that contains the registry setting. Change the value to zero to disable debounce, or to one to enable debounce. But when I tried this (with WMC), I found that disabling debounce processing introduced contact bounce, e.g. pressing and releasing the UP button once in the EPG would cause the focus to move up by two or three lines. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Attachments

• debounce.zip
      378 bytes

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Woo hoo!!!

Thanks @CyberSimian , that Registry change did the trick!! It was set to 1, I changed it to 0 and voila. All fixed and luckily, as far as I can tell so far, I don't have any contact bounce issues :)

So, in terms of a "De- brief", what the hell could have caused this in the first place? It seems that MP is off the hook, so could it perhaps have been some Windows update I wonder?

Regardless, the MediaPortal Team has come to the rescue once again :) Now it's onto my next issue, logged in another thread (Change to TV operation with 1.16.0 upgrade) - This one is DEFINITELY a change that appears to have been "Slipped in" and it makes TV operation clunky and annoying at best! I'm hoping it was simply accidental and can/will be reversed?

Anyway, thanks again for resolving this one guys. Donation sent :)

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Be aware though that the root cause of the issue is the corrupt IR signal your generic remote is sending

Hard to disagree with you. However, this still doesn't explain why it worked perfectly for so long, then stopped? It "seems" that related the registry setting was changed somehow. I really wonder how this happened? I can't see why Microsoft would have done this with any sort of update? Still, I've seen Microsoft do stranger things :)

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can't see why Microsoft would have done this with any sort of update? Still, I've seen Microsoft do stranger things :)
    So, a further update for anyone that is interested. I presume that like me, everybody on the planet has had their Windows 10 systems hammered with updates this week. So damn many, it's driving me nuts. Anyway, I just went to press the yellow subtitle button and the damn toggle wasn't working again! Checked the "EnableDebounce" value in the registry and it's been changed back to 1. I can only assume that Microsoft is making this change during these updates. I changed it back to 0 and all good again.

Just thought I'd let you all know :)

Cheers,
    Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom