YouTube & NetFlix (1 Viewer)

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
December 21, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Is it possible to view these two (via OnlineVideos) as you would visually see them as apps when using them on a SmartTV? As opposed to the plain view that it comes up as in OnlineVideos?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm not sure what you are looking for? Links to different sites from the main menu or the "looks" when using the online videos plugin or the use flow you wan't to change?

Links from Basic Home is possible, with hyperlink parameters (see https://code.google.com/p/mp-onlinevideos2/wiki/LoadParameter#Examples). Different skins offers different possibilities, one example is the Apollo OnlineVideos theme.

PreviewAlt.png

preview.png

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Sorry, I'm not explaining myself properly.

When you go into the NetFlix or YouTube app on a SmartTV, the GUI is such that it's easy to visualise what is available on screen, ie much easier for a 5yr old to navigate, such as the screenshot shows.

Currently in OnlineVideos, you have to be able to read to be able to navigate either NetFlix or Youtube. Is there a way to have the GUI in both NetFlix & YouTube such that it is easy for a 5yr old (my daughter) to navigate easily herself?

Does that make more sense?

Attachments

• Youtube.jpg
      Youtube.jpg
      319.9 KB

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well - you can show icons instead of the ordinary list, but there are not always thumbnail available.

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    And the same for NetFlix? Would they then show up as similar to what would appear on a SmartTV?

Last edited:

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    And the same for NetFlix? Would they then show up as similar to what would appear on a SmartTV?
    Why don't you try out for yourself? Enter OnlineVideos, open the "hidden menu" - typically by pressing left on remote/keyboard and change layout from list to icons. Since not every category have a thumbnail (and in some cases every category have the same thumb) I don't think this is enough for you though... But you can always try and see what you think.

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    I shall try it and update this thread. Thank you :)

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Ok, that works better than list. But as you already guessed it wasn't really what I was looking for.

I think it is a known bug, not all the movies/tv shows seem to work? The loading circle animates round for a while and then it defaults back to the screen without playing?

In regards to YouTube, is there no way to actually input a search? Like you would normally on YouTube?

Users who are viewing this thread