[Youtube] No full HD -> no audio? (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If prompts would of displayed I would of clicked yes to them. Is this during the extension install I presume?

So am I missing DLLs or is it unable to write the new ones during the update? I certainly get no UAC prompts when using MePo and going into Online Videos. Don't suppose there is any solutions without uninstalling OnlineVideos and reinstalling - save me having to setup all the sites again :) Is there anything you want me to do to test anything?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Reinstalling Onlinevideos will not help. I was talking about during entering Onlinevideos (the very 4 hour update) - there ar edlls downloaded to your Temp folder and then copied to the plugins folder. What you can do is either disable UAC or start MP as admin. And if the 4 hours arent over do a manual update from the SiteManager in MP.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    OK will try with MePo as admin first and report back. Been using it for ages though and never had any issues, maybe I just never noticed because nothing ever broke between extension version upgrades.[DOUBLEPOST=1384688947][/DOUBLEPOST]So I ran MePo as Administrator (right clicked the desktop shortcut and selected run as administrator), the UAC prompt came up so I clicked OK. MePo started, went into the manage sites hidden menu option and then the automatic update hidden menu item. It performed the update and I then navigated to the same video I tried before and again there is only 4 video options and no 1080p :/

New logs attached, just about to google how to turn off UAC.

Where should the files be being written to and what file should of changed for the youtube update? I want to quickly check if there are any wide permission on that file.

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can check for yourself if the update was successfull by looking into OnlineVideos.log:
    There is a line:
    Looking for SiteUtils and Hosters in OnlineVideos.Sites.offbyone (Version: 1.0.0.3014, Compiled: 2013-10-01 18:40:42)
    If the date is 2013-10-01 .. the old dll is still loaded. (new one is from november).

The dlls reside in:
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos\

One thing might help:
    Since the last update failed only on the dll but not the xml, the xml might read that your site is up2date. So try to remove and re-add YouTube.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Well I have turned off UAC, rebooted and then rerun the update and still no 1080p. Logs attached.

I have also attached a screen shot showing that folder on my PC. Your sites.dll appears to have been written during the update as the time stamp is today?

Attachments

• dlls.png
      dlls.png
      88.5 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm. The Log still reads that the dll is old. Can you go into :
    %Temp%\OnlineVideos
    and check if there are newer dlls? That is the folder where the new ones are downloaded to before being copied.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Here is the properties of the DLL in the plugins/window folder in case it helps (dlls2.png).. maybe it is still downloading the older one?[DOUBLEPOST=1384690371][/DOUBLEPOST]And dlls3.png shows the file and details for the dll in the tempdata.. Looks like its the same file it believes was modified today as in the program files folder.. You sure the correct file is in the repository for download during the update?

Attachments

• dlls2.png
      dlls2.png
      93.5 KB
    • dlls3.png
      dlls3.png
      92.9 KB
    Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks a lot, now we got to the bottom of it - the online dll was not up to date :(
    (I tought it was because there were reports of some people that they now get 1080p without sound)
    I have updated it now, so if you run your updater again it should work.
    But be warned, Youtube changed the format of 1080 to some dynamic adaptive streaming format and our source filter currently seems unable to find the audio track.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Cool :)

Is that something you are working on or is it not fixable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom