[Youtube] No full HD -> no audio? (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    A bit late, but having the same problems :(
    Even LAV 59.1 doesn't fix the problem.

Playing from the webbrowser (chrome) audio works fine, only Only-Videos seems to be affected, strange...

This is a known issue and has been reported a lot of times allready.. AFAIK it is because of the bitrate of the audio that is included in the stream. Sometimes there are more different streams. You have to select a stream with a lower bitrate audio. (The value behind the resolution)

engma27

Portal Member
    September 4, 2009
    I fixed mine....

really not sure if this helps anyone else but i also had no sound in any online video through media portal.. even though movies, tv etc had sound.... well i also had no sound in music and it seemed my media portal volume control was some how muted....

i un muted it and now i have sound in onlne videos and music..

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I fixed mine....

really not sure if this helps anyone else but i also had no sound in any online video through media portal.. even though movies, tv etc had sound.... well i also had no sound in music and it seemed my media portal volume control was some how muted....

i un muted it and now i have sound in onlne videos and music..

I don't think that this is the problem where we are talking about here! It has really something to do with the YouTube streams.. In fullHD, they are using an high bitrate audio stream that can't be played in MediaPortal (yet)

But thanks anyway for trying to help others! :)

Last edited:

datfreak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2006
    Hi, - has anyone found a workaround for this? It kinda annoying only picking the lowest res/audio option of every clip :)

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yes its insane it has not been fixed :( sad sad sad...
    Audio works on mp4, 720p 1080p
    all others dont.. download your video in 720 :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Audio works on mp4, 720p 1080p
    all others dont.. download your video in 720
    That's not quite correct, you still need to select the low audio bitrate version on lower video resolutions (or the lowest number in the braces).

OFF TOPIC: Can someone clarify if the number in brackets next to the video resolution refers to the audio bit rate? Perhaps this can be presented better ?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wikipedia has the FMT values explained:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube
    (unhide the Comparison of YouTube media encoding options)

The problem is that youtube has decided to split audio and video stream into two files, so 2 urls mean 2 seperate things to download and mux. We need someone to implement that in our sourcefilter.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, is this any further to having a working solution? I've noticed today what appears to be newer videos added today (which always had a working 720p) are now down to 640 x 360 resolution.. Maybe youtube is slowly moving completely over to this new format now?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom