Zapping, RTSP improvements ( test plz ). (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ambass
    so you mean i should change to MPA Audio Codec and give it a try?

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don't know - will try it today evening. In the past ac3filter works better for me - don't know why anymore.

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Patch for 21793 SVN is just added ( but not tested !) at the top.;)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    @Ambass

Does the tsreader work with the SVN snapshot release from today or are the mods already part of it.
    How to test so that it makes sense?

Wait until new patch version is available. SVN contains no changes related to this patch.

EDIT: bah, Ambass were few seconds faster :)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'd luv to test this since I'm a genuine rtsp whore myself :)

only my mp install is already patched beyond recognition (mpc subs patch etc.) and I'd hate to live without it.

Are the patch/diff files available ?

I need them for the core.dll

/gibman

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    219 views of the original download, can we have a bit more feedback please from the people who may be trying this :

:D

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Previously I've run 21720 SVN with "usertsp=no" with no problems (and fast zapping) :D Gibman! But since this patch also seems to address the "Swedish" problem with our local broadcast that swede reports about, I decided to give this patch a go.

However, I must say that it in my environment it actually worsening my zapping times - especially when using "usertsp=no". If using RTSP it is a bit better, but then I experience a lot of "stutterings" - like the ones disaster123 is describing (which I also experience in usertsp=no). And also I tested the "swedish problem" yesterday evening - and it did not fix it for me... This is compared to "plain" SVN 21720.

The problem is that it is somewhat intermittent - it can work great with zapping for a while - and then just suddenly it takes up to 10-20 seconds to change to a channel (SD channels). I haven't yet seen any real pattern to why and when this happens. I looked through my TSReader.log and I've seen a lot of "Audio is way behind, etc" or if it was "way ahead" - can't remember right now... This would perhaps suggest it is something with my broadcast?
    I experience the same with recordings as well.

But it works absolutely great with SVN 21720 and usertsp=no (except for the "swedish problem").

Sorry I don't have logs to provide right know, but I will provide logs when I have time to reproduce this (not tonight though).

I just hope that it is something with my setup.
    See my signature for details. Keep up the good work!

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Found a problem (I think...)

Running svn21720 with tsreader_swede.
    Sometimes when zapping my client totally hangs (cant start the channel that I'm switching to).

log attached
    /tompa

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom