Zapping, RTSP improvements ( test plz ). (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ambass
    plain 21720 but still with AC3Filter - i'll change this today.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Ambass,

I tested the tsreader_swede with svn21720 last night. It don't work properly for german broadcasters.
    There were many dropouts and live-TV stuttered every few seconds.
    I went back to tsreader_ffrw_fix and almost everything was fine.
    The live-TV was a little bid stuttered for one or two times in the hour.
    A live-tv without stuttering would be of course perfectly.

Hi Spike,

from your system specs I see that you are using AC3Filter as audio codec. I had similar problems which I suspect were caused by this codec. So please try to switch to a different codec and try again (ffdshow audio codec seems to work best for me at the moment). Would be interresting what kind of DVB you are using (S/S2/C/T) and if DVB-C what's your cable provider. Then maybe I'm able to test it here with similar parameters.

I did not test excessively with SVN 21720 til now so I cannot rule out that it's related to that release.

Regards.

spike13

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi grubi,

it's right, I use AC3-filter, because in the past that was the best choice for me.
    I tested PowerDVD-Audiodecoder. That was a horror.
    ffdShow is not supported (this is not my opinion) and so I tested without it.
    In the past I used ffdShow with AC3-Filter for live-TV with good results.
    I had no stuttering or dropouts. Only the channelswitching was to long and not so smooth.
    I' using DVB-S(S2) (look my system). I tested SAT1, Pro7 and RTL.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    spike13
    same problem here when you read my last posts. I use AC3Filter too. I'll try to switch to MPA Decoder - hope this help and it does support everything i need. In the past AC3Filter was the best for me too.

Charly_Brown

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 21, 2008
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Gave the changes a try and I only can say :D With those changes the time for channel switching decreased dramatically, especially when changing from SD to encrypted HD.

I would like to see those changes in the next release

Charly

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ffdShow is not supported (this is not my opinion) and so I tested without it.

For audio ffdshow is even recommended. Its not supported as a video codec for MPEG2.

Yes, FFDShow audio works well, but you have to be careful with some of the post-processing options because they increase the latency e.g. the Equalizer in 'SuperEQ' mode adds nearly 90ms of extra latency. This can cause A/V sync problems.

Tony

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    If I remember, yes for AC3.
    But you can also try SPdifer done by same team as AC3filter that allow you to get all audio ( MPEG/AC3/DTS )streams on SPDIF.
    I's very simple and works well.

For AC3 filter I've tried it yesterday and I get down into indescriptible and never seen issues....
    This morning it was working, but I don't know why....& what happen yesterday.

But, I'm quite sure it plays with the media clock ( probably pausing it for mS ) , and may be TsReader log info ( not attached to the media clock ) becomes erroneous. The exessive TsReader verbosity can probably create stuttering.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom