General Support (158 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
naaah ill i really want it for is to stream videos n music from a server
naaah ill i really want it for is to stream videos n music from a server
First, I never used MP, so it is just a question somebody maybe already thougt of. To install MP you first have to install a...
Replies
Views
Here's what you need to do: (I'm assuming you have it plugged only into the TV) 1. Set your desktop to the resolution you prefer (I'd reccomend 800x600) 2. Right click on the desktop->properties 3. Click Settings Tab 4. Click "Advanced" 5. Click "Geforce xxxxxx" tab (where xxxxx is the name of your card) 6. On the menu down...
Here's what you need to do: (I'm assuming you have it plugged only into the TV) 1. Set your desktop to the resolution you...
Am using S-Video on a FX5200 and the screen is off from the bottom and top by half inch or some on top and bottom. I tried resizing...
Replies
Views
I believe that MP only natively supports the MCE remote and clones and the Hauppage remote, but this free app should do the trick for you using just about any remote. http://www.byremote.com.au/HIP/Default.htm and here is the wiki page for remotes with MediaPortal https://www.team-mediaportal.com/dokuw/manual/setup/remote
I believe that MP only natively supports the MCE remote and clones and the Hauppage remote, but this free app should do the trick...
Hello, After much waiting and fighting the concept of a computer attached to my TV and Stereo, I've decided to take the plunge...
Replies
Views
Pigboy... I'm not entirely sure exactly what problem you're having. What's wrong with the 1280x768 resolution you have? It's 16:9, and it's probably the correct resolution for the TV. Why are you trying to get 1024x576? It's the same aspect ratio, just with less detail.
Pigboy... I'm not entirely sure exactly what problem you're having. What's wrong with the 1280x768 resolution you have? It's...
I have a problem which I don't think has been addressed here. I have a computer linked up to a widescreen TV. Unfortunately, my GFX...
Replies
Views
Latest CVS - still no good - can't get audio on mpeg converted recordings. Any other ideas?
Latest CVS - still no good - can't get audio on mpeg converted recordings. Any other ideas?
Fellow Media Portalians... I have been having a problem since day one and until now it really hasn't bothered me too much. But...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the feedback guys, I have purchased an MCE remote from a dealer in Sydney and am now waiting to receive it. I made sure he checked and it does (as everyone said) come with the 2 IR buds. Can't wait to add Foxtel to my MediaPortal setup, good to see others have it working flawlessly - this is going to be great! :) Thanks...
Thanks for the feedback guys, I have purchased an MCE remote from a dealer in Sydney and am now waiting to receive it. I made sure...
Hi All, I've got MediaPortal working nicely with free digital transmissions - this is my present set up. MediaPortal 0.1.3.0...
Replies
Views
I should add this is using the DVB-T part of my HVR-1300.
I should add this is using the DVB-T part of my HVR-1300.
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-03-14) MediaPortal Skin: Project X Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 30min show=1.8gb? DE
Hi, This is strange. Why should LOW work and medium not? Hmmm. computers are a mysterium... Yes, you could give this a try. Thats what I am doing with my PVR 350. I use the Hauppauge Tweak Tool to set the bitrate external and MP does not change it. So this is quite ok. HTH, Flip.
Hi, This is strange. Why should LOW work and medium not? Hmmm. computers are a mysterium... Yes, you could give this a try...
I thought on medium settings one could record a hour at only around 2gb? Do I have a setting wrong somewhere? My PVR-150MCE is set...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Playback tearing DE
There's a couple of things you can try: - In the general settings for MP enable the "use Exclusive DirectX mode for fullscreen tv/video". - Try using a different MPEG2 decoder - maybe ATIs, or even Nvidia's PureVideo decoder (it will still use hardware acceleration in non-Nvidia cards). It's possible that your video card is...
There's a couple of things you can try: - In the general settings for MP enable the "use Exclusive DirectX mode for fullscreen...
Hi I'm using MP with CVS from a couple of days ago. Since getting a 32" LCD TV and changing my screen res. to 1360x768 I...
Replies
Views
My card was detected, however I wouldnt find any channels until I removed from the list and added it again... Weird I know but it seems to do the trick... Hope this helps. I havent really had time to test Media Portal properly yet but it seems to be very unstable and crashes quite abit. For some reason it just randomly dont like to...
My card was detected, however I wouldnt find any channels until I removed from the list and added it again... Weird I know but it...
Hey guys I was wondering if anybody could help me, I recently installed MediaPortal_0.2_RC2 and think its a great piece of software...
Replies
Views
*push* i'd really would like to hear a solution or get some help for this problem, and as it seems im not the only one, thx edit: i have to excuse me, i just patched MP with the latest CVS and now Radio works? Its strange cause i've read nothing about any "My Radio" Changes, but big bigthx to u guys anyway, its great to have...
*push* i'd really would like to hear a solution or get some help for this problem, and as it seems im not the only one, thx...
hey there, i kept looking for an answer for quiet a time (ive got no radio sound since 1.3 :) ) ive got a bunch of radio...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Apple Remote DE
Anyone who tried and succeeded in getting the Apple Remote working in MP? I would like to use it to control MP through my wintv-pvr-usb2 card. Any suggestions?
Anyone who tried and succeeded in getting the Apple Remote working in MP? I would like to use it to control MP through my...
Anyone who tried and succeeded in getting the Apple Remote working in MP? I would like to use it to control MP through my...
Replies
Views
I think i have read this somewhere before, i'm sure you had to make the TV the primary monitor to work. Hopefully someone with a similar setup will be able to give you a better answer. :?
I think i have read this somewhere before, i'm sure you had to make the TV the primary monitor to work. Hopefully someone with a...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-03-11) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
I find it great actually... Not sure if you're still making a decision here, but I'll chime in anyway. It's X10 compatible so you can ditch the app that comes with it and set up up using a couple of plugins in MP. I've got the MP computer in another room from 2 TV's and just run signal out to them. Use the Firefly for...
I find it great actually... Not sure if you're still making a decision here, but I'll chime in anyway. It's X10 compatible...
If I already have the remote wonder? I know it's probably better but enough to pay? Is it better supported? Figured it might be...
Replies
Views
Thanks. I now found out, that I could edit the channellist.xml file and insert my old recordings. See this post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=13768&highlight=
Thanks. I now found out, that I could edit the channellist.xml file and insert my old recordings. See this post...
Hi. I'm using 0.2RC2 + latests CVS. They have upgraded the DB version again. Is there any way to import the old database into...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MS MCE keyboard DE
OMG 3 months :shock: At least now you've got the solution :)
OMG 3 months :shock: At least now you've got the solution :)
i've just bought this keyboard but there is no IR receiver with it . wich IR receiver can i use ? ps : sorry for my poor...
Replies
Views
bring up the menu were you can change the ratio aspect...its the "DVD MENU" button on a m$ MCE 2005 remote.
bring up the menu were you can change the ratio aspect...its the "DVD MENU" button on a m$ MCE 2005 remote.
It seems, that the problem was Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter . I've changed it and I've put MainConcep (Hauppauge) MPEG Video...
Replies
Views
Hallo everybody, and congratulations for your project !!! :D I am new to all this and I am having a problem with my capture card, (ANDI from Electronic Design). :?: It is NOT a TV card, it is a capture card, supported with a S-VHS Video input/output, as well with a simple yellow BMC Video input/output. It uses a ZORAN chipset...
Hallo everybody, and congratulations for your project !!! :D I am new to all this and I am having a problem with my capture...
Hallo everybody, and congratulations for your project !!! :D I am new to all this and I am having a problem with my capture...
Replies
Views
You can have several versions of .net on one computer. One program can use dot net 1.1 the other uses .net 2.0.
You can have several versions of .net on one computer. One program can use dot net 1.1 the other uses .net 2.0.
I suppose that the software developers here at Media Portal must be working hard to get a fully functional piece of sofware...
Replies
Views
I don't know anything about Girder but if I got it is there a way you could send me your profile or whatever Girder saves to? Save me from having to try and map/configure each button? email is sniper82 at gmail dot com
I don't know anything about Girder but if I got it is there a way you could send me your profile or whatever Girder saves to? Save...
I installed the firefly software and a profile off here and put it in the right place. But for some reason only the back...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 WinTV-PVR-USB2 DE
I have the Hauppauge PVR USB2, it is a HW-encoder which is a small black box with connections on the front and on the back, it is connected by USB/USB2 to the computer and it has its own power source. I've had some trouble using it with MP but I have to look into that... it used to work fine. Maybe a little bit slow when changing...
I have the Hauppauge PVR USB2, it is a HW-encoder which is a small black box with connections on the front and on the back, it is...
The card is not found with mediaportal csv version. But it is a Hardware decoder isn`t ? Who has this card working , and how ...
Replies
Views
PM me and i'll send you mine by email if you like, but makes boring reading and very long channel list as TV 55 channels, Radio 22. 8)
PM me and i'll send you mine by email if you like, but makes boring reading and very long channel list as TV 55 channels, Radio 22...
Hello, Any chance of dman posting his WinterHill frequencies, assuming he hasn't moved out of the area, or DVB-T xml file; just...
Replies
Views
MP Version: 0.2RC2 mit versch. CVS Skin: BlueTwo 0.1.0.15 Windows Version: XPhome SP2, KB896626, MozillaControl177 CPU Type: P4, 3.2 GHz, Hyperthreating Memory: 512 MB, DDR Motherboard Chipset: ASUS P4B800, 865 Video Card: Leadtek Winfast A400 Video Card Driver: nVidia 77.77 Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024 Video Render Type...
MP Version: 0.2RC2 mit versch. CVS Skin: BlueTwo 0.1.0.15 Windows Version: XPhome SP2, KB896626, MozillaControl177 CPU Type: P4...
MP Version: 0.2RC2 mit versch. CVS Skin: BlueTwo 0.1.0.15 Windows Version: XPhome SP2, KB896626, MozillaControl177 CPU Type: P4...
Replies
Views
That's a scary time... Try the two above little applications Taipan linked to, they're definately working for some people 8)
That's a scary time... Try the two above little applications Taipan linked to, they're definately working for some people 8)
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: MediaPortal_0.2_RC2.zip + mediaportal-cvs-03-12-2006--20-22.rar Skin: Blue 2 Windows...
Replies
Views
I just switched back to just regular RC2 and i still cant get this to happen. Dont know what Im doing wrong. I'm not sure what settings need to teaked to make this work. I tried messing around with all the video settings and decoders and so forth. Anyone know what the 'Change device' menu in MP main screen is for? Like, I only have...
I just switched back to just regular RC2 and i still cant get this to happen. Dont know what Im doing wrong. I'm not sure what...
I would like to have MP windowed on my main (primary) display and fullscreen on my TV. I have had it like this before with the...
Replies
Views
Since 2.0, the program does not work anymore. In configuration, set remote to mce-remote and see if buttons work afterwords. If so, I will come with a new program to fill in the missing keys. Success, Ben
Since 2.0, the program does not work anymore. In configuration, set remote to mce-remote and see if buttons work afterwords. If...
I installed MP v0.1.3 and these are the problems I'm having with the Intervideo HID Remote XPC-RC01: -navigation works fine: I...
Replies
Views
L
MP1 MP2 Videoh-usb DE
Thats a different bug. Post your MediaPortal.log using the pastebin (http://mp.pastebin.com) and link it in this thread. DMAN
Thats a different bug. Post your MediaPortal.log using the pastebin (http://mp.pastebin.com) and link it in this thread. DMAN
I'm having trouble setting up my 'Adaptec Videoh media center usb card'. It's on the list for supported cards but i'm getting...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Thanks, that did the trick! And yes, this simple guide should definitely be added to the mpw website :)
Thanks, that did the trick! And yes, this simple guide should definitely be added to the mpw website :)
How do I change MPW to port 80? I tried to follow the guide at the website, but that doesn't seem to be it. I have also tried...
Replies
Views
Hi, MediaPortal has support for Daemon Tools https://www.team-mediaportal.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,35/func,select/id,8/ It can be configured in MP Setup -> General -> Daemon Tools. Regards Roy
Hi, MediaPortal has support for Daemon Tools...
Hey guys! I am a recent convert to MP from WMC and I must say loving it so far. I used to use My Movies for WMC that would mount...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Net 2.0 DE
Thats not such a nice error as kernel32.dll is a critical windows component. See http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/K/kernel32_dll.html
Thats not such a nice error as kernel32.dll is a critical windows component. See http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/K/kernel32_dll.html
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-03-12) MediaPortal Skin: Razor Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom