General Support (177 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
(Netherlands) Good to hear. Just to make sure, you know that tweaked, unsupported, firmware tends to combine very, very poorly with your warranty, so you'll have to skip one of the two? You may want to check this forum, created by fans for this router, which has a great tutorial section. This specific tutorial seemed quite...
(Netherlands) Good to hear. Just to make sure, you know that tweaked, unsupported, firmware tends to combine very, very poorly...
First, want to gratulate all of the contributors of this grate software :-) Trying to use my lacie hd that is connected to my...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-01-14) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: NVIDIA Audio Decoder Video Codec: DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.00GHz Memory: 1 GB...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-01-14) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
I have been happily using 3 digital tuners(2xDvico & 1xDNTV Live) plus a Haupaugge PVR150 for Foxtel under 0.1.3 but since...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 dvr-ms on win2k DE
In my quest to try and find a way to enable playback of .drv-ms in W2K with sound I stumbled upon this post and bookmarked it. After extensive searching and not finding anythin in the search engines I decided to try and come up with a solution. After a lot of trial and error I believe I have a workable solution. I am not trying to...
In my quest to try and find a way to enable playback of .drv-ms in W2K with sound I stumbled upon this post and bookmarked it...
what do i need to play dvr-ms on win2k?
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo1280x720 Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Memory: 1 GB...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo1280x720 Windows Version...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo1280x720 Windows Version...
Replies
Views
Z
MP1 MP2 no sound - tv wonder usb 2.0 (1 Viewer) DE
Same problem here, sound in the ATI software but not in mediaportal. Video works great in mediaportal though. I have tried tinkering with some of the audio settings but nothing has gotten it to work. I have the newest drivers for the ati tv wonder usb 2.0 and for my sound card, no luck though.
Same problem here, sound in the ATI software but not in mediaportal. Video works great in mediaportal though. I have tried...
Hello I just recently installed your software and I am really impressed with it. The video is working fine, but I do not have any...
Replies
Views
yes, thats it! 1000thx
yes, thats it! 1000thx
if i press the internetbutton nothing happens. is there something to set up before i can use that? all other works really...
Replies
Views
Support template is as follows: Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: SageTV MPEG Audio Decoder Video Codec: SageTV MPEG Video Decoder CPU Type: Intel...
Support template is as follows: Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: mce...
When I run MP 0.2RC2, it hangs on splash screen writes Starting Recorder. But I don't have a TV capture card in my system. Any...
Replies
Views
I am able to view TV while watching but not when recording. Following are the GRAPHEDIT images. hopefully they can help fix my problem However when recording I dont get any picture, just a black screen, and this is the graph I get the following error when I try to connect the "ATI Rage Theater Video Capture" preview or...
I am able to view TV while watching but not when recording. Following are the GRAPHEDIT images. hopefully they can help fix my...
I have the below software/hardware on my PC. I have been completely unable to get the TV tuner on the ATI card to work within MP -...
Replies
Views
Can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere...so... I have a Motorola 6200 HDTV receiver which has firewire outputs (that work!). a) Can I set this up as a capture device? b) Is there support for switching channels via firewire (long shot I know!) I want to try this out but there is no point without HDTV... Thanks in...
Can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere...so... I have a Motorola 6200 HDTV receiver which has firewire outputs (that...
Can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere...so... I have a Motorola 6200 HDTV receiver which has firewire outputs (that...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Volume level DE
I had a similiar problem to. I can only select "use default direct sound device" in the audio renderer properties of MP. If I chose NVIDIA direct sound, the volume was really low.
I had a similiar problem to. I can only select "use default direct sound device" in the audio renderer properties of MP. If I chose...
Hi, i am running mediaportal 0.1.3.0 and having a hauppauge 150 mce card. The volume is much too low on my recordings and i cannot...
Replies
Views
Media portal supports additional file with chapters of a Divx movies? i.e. same as subtitle file, but with the time of each chapter.... in order to skip movie to a predefined point. If yes, what's the file format to have this feature? Thanks, Romulus.
Media portal supports additional file with chapters of a Divx movies? i.e. same as subtitle file, but with the time of each...
Media portal supports additional file with chapters of a Divx movies? i.e. same as subtitle file, but with the time of each...
Replies
Views
mpod, i have posted this yesterday : http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12262 Would you need the logs, will it help, or are you already aware of this ? Regards,
mpod, i have posted this yesterday : http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12262 Would you...
Hi there.... I see in the forum, that people (like my self) are adviced to turn of the Hauppauge remote, there somehow causing a...
Replies
Views
I had the same problem in Spain. I think I have solved the bug although it is not a perfect solution. I have posted the patch here (http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12263) but I am still waiting for a dev to take a look at it and add it to CVS. I hope that this patch can solve your problem...
I had the same problem in Spain. I think I have solved the bug although it is not a perfect solution. I have posted the patch here...
Hey, First of all I would like to say how awesome the media portal software is but I’m having some trouble getting the auto tune...
Replies
Views
A quick google search found http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/cgi-bin/pldb/pip/saa7134hl Which says its an analogue or digital solution.
A quick google search found http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/cgi-bin/pldb/pip/saa7134hl Which says its an analogue or...
Are all cards with the SAA7134HL chipset DVB-T cards ? thanks -Mortus
Replies
Views
I belive it is not an RGB connection on the adapter at all, rather a Y/PR/PB connector (at least in Australia I believe).
I belive it is not an RGB connection on the adapter at all, rather a Y/PR/PB connector (at least in Australia I believe).
Hi all, Got a PNY Geforce 6200 128M this morning, and while in the process of wiring it up I noticed the S-Vid cable supplied...
Replies
Views
No need to do Sample Grabber or any other filters HDTV requires... 1. A Fast CPU 2. A decent MPEG-2 deocder 3. A decent DirectX 9.0c graphics card DMAN
No need to do Sample Grabber or any other filters HDTV requires... 1. A Fast CPU 2. A decent MPEG-2 deocder 3. A decent...
I have upgraded the Twinhan BDA driver to 1.0.4.7 Has anybody used this driver version? Did you get it to work with...
Replies
Views
Figured it out. Uninstalled power-dvd and works now. Not sure why. Codec thing maybe?
Figured it out. Uninstalled power-dvd and works now. Not sure why. Codec thing maybe?
I have downloaded & installed the latest CVS release. Everything appeare to work initially, but on 2 occasions now when I have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I would like to know if Media Portal will be able to handle my current computer setup. You can see my detailed system configuration at: http://alpha.zimage.com/~ant/antfarm/about/computers.txt (primary computer/gaming system). As you can see, I have two PCI TV tuners (one for HDTV and one for VCR/analog antenna/analog video...
Hi! I would like to know if Media Portal will be able to handle my current computer setup. You can see my detailed system...
Hi! I would like to know if Media Portal will be able to handle my current computer setup. You can see my detailed system...
Replies
Views
Did you execute proxycfg -u with the windows run command? Sorry, but I can't help you with something else if this doesn't fix your problem. Thought it should help...
Did you execute proxycfg -u with the windows run command? Sorry, but I can't help you with something else if this doesn't fix...
Hi: I'm a newbie for MP and can't seem to get the weather working. It complains about no internet connection. I can't seem to find...
Replies
Views
The small white "specks" (like havocthief says) should be fixe soon. Read more here: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=70805#70805
The small white "specks" (like havocthief says) should be fixe soon. Read more here...
I am getting small white "specks" at the bottom right of the letter "i" and a speck at the top left of the letter "n". Is this a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Newbie Help: Tuners in the US (1 Viewer) DE
But how does controlling the STB work? I looked at the TV section and it was not clear how you set up to change channels. I have a TIRA2 Rx/Tx IR box, so I need to make it send "Go to channel 602" before I start recording from the S-Video input port. I have not got a video capture cart, but that's on the list. Is there...
But how does controlling the STB work? I looked at the TV section and it was not clear how you set up to change channels. I...
Hello, I am very new to the HTPC field and am planning on building my first system pretty soon. I am thinking of getting the...
Replies
Views
Hi: Is it posible to disable the creation of this files all over the directories containing pictures? Or at least change the file name used or the path where they are stored (so it doesnt make XP use the files created by MP as folder thumbnails when browsing picture folders using Windows Explorer or other programs that use this...
Hi: Is it posible to disable the creation of this files all over the directories containing pictures? Or at least change the...
Hi: Is it posible to disable the creation of this files all over the directories containing pictures? Or at least change the...
Replies
Views
Stranger and strangerer, while I was waiting i deceided to have a fiddle with stuff. I thought perhaps register means I have to make sure the invisible gnomes that live in my PC know how to work the Lifeview cap device. So I started the lifeview software for the first time, went through initial set up and then, closed the lifeview...
Stranger and strangerer, while I was waiting i deceided to have a fiddle with stuff. I thought perhaps register means I have to...
The list says that the tv walker mini is supported 2 issues MP identifies it as lifeview tv walker min (general S/W card) but...
Replies
Views
Thanks, then I need to get me one of those ;) Regards / Tomas
Thanks, then I need to get me one of those ;) Regards / Tomas
Hi, I'm looking for a DVB-C capture card. These are a few of the items on my wish list: - the card must be able to work with...
Replies
Views
yeah its 9.0c, I also have the latest media portal software as far as I know there hasnt been another release but I dont know the release version off hand. I just said fuck it and switched to MEEDIO. It works good so far and im using the 15 day trial for now to test the waters, only thing that sucked was I had to buy a hauppage...
yeah its 9.0c, I also have the latest media portal software as far as I know there hasnt been another release but I dont know the...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: latest MediaPortal Skin: blue 2 Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) DirectX...
Replies
Views
All solved, was the tv horzontal position, I hold my head in shame. :) ta, Brent
All solved, was the tv horzontal position, I hold my head in shame. :) ta, Brent
Area: Video MediaPortal Version: latest MediaPortal Skin: blue 2 Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) DirectX Version: 9.0c...
Replies
Views
I've cracked it!! :D Disabled all other remote programs like HIP and then copied the contents of the myblaster zip file into 'plugins/process' folder instead of 'plugins/windows' folder. Media Portal is now making the emitter flash when I flick through the NTL channels in the EPG. Problem now is the box aint changing. I got one...
I've cracked it!! :D Disabled all other remote programs like HIP and then copied the contents of the myblaster zip file into...
Hi there, I've just got an MCE remote, which works fine in MP but I can't seem to use the IR blaster on it... mcelearn...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Dunamic "main" menu DE
There's also the 4 coloured buttons on the bottom of the European MCE remote, they have hardcoded actions too: Red is mapped to the x key for fullscreen/minimise Blue is mapped to the s key for changing the aspect ratio Green is mapped to the Esc key for returning back to home Yellow is mapped to the F9 key for brining up a menu...
There's also the 4 coloured buttons on the bottom of the European MCE remote, they have hardcoded actions too: Red is mapped to...
When running MP with a mouse you can always move the cursor to abowe the i.e. movie list and thus get the dynamic menu with the six...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Audio troubles DE
Only issue with that is that Hauppauge doesn't currently have a 64-bit build of WinTv2000 (at least that's what the sticky on their forums says...). They are suggesting the use of 3rd party software as of now.
Only issue with that is that Hauppauge doesn't currently have a 64-bit build of WinTv2000 (at least that's what the sticky on their...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: MetalMedia Windows Version: Windows...
Replies
Views
Any card with SPDIF will pass Dolby Digital or DTS, but apart from that everything else will be in stereo. So anything except DVB TV (if broadcast in DD) and dvds will be in 2 channel stereo. If you want proper 5.1 for every source, youll want a proper DDL encoder card. There are a few out now so there is a small range to choose from.
Any card with SPDIF will pass Dolby Digital or DTS, but apart from that everything else will be in stereo. So anything except DVB...
Hey Folks, I've been reading up on the specs required for a HTPC and just want to know which sound card do I need?! I want AC3 /...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom